Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I'm planning ahead and I've decided that I would like to do a gap year after I have finished S6 (final year at school). Hopefully I will have achieved the Highers I need to apply to uni however I'm wondering what the best approach would be in terms of my application.

    I want to study law and as a result I am unsure whether I'd be better putting in a deferred application or just applying during my year out?

    My gap year plan at the moment involves a volunteering project abroad meaning I may have limited access to Internet and therefore struggle with using UCAS. As of yet I don't know specifically what the project will be, it will most likely involve English teaching and/or social work.

    Has anyone taken a gap year? If so how did you deal with your uni application?

    (Just to note I'm in S5 currently so would be applying for entry to courses in 2018. Thinking in advance)

    i would just apply for a derfed enerty. so that you know that you have your place,
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.