Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

urgently need help- royal mail proof of posting! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ive started to sell stuff on depop and had my first sale a few days ago. When I went to the post office I asked for 2nd class standard delivery. they gave me my proof of postage receipt, however the receipt only had the address of the post office I had been to, plus the amount I paid to have the parcel posted. It didn't contain the name or address of the person I was sending the parcel to, and therefore isn't solid proof if a dispute was to happen as theres no evidence that i sent it to them.

I have to go to the post office again today and was wondering, what do I ask the postoffice for in order to get a receipt with the receiving persons' address on it? is it a certificate of posting? does it cost extra?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananasplit321)
    I have to go to the post office again today and was wondering, what do I ask the postoffice for in order to get a receipt with the receiving persons' address on it? is it a certificate of posting? does it cost extra?
    Why not ask the person at the Post Office? They won't bite your head off! You can purchase recorded delivery but you pay for what you get at the end of the day.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, if I've needed proof of postage I've sent it recorded delivery but that might get expensive if you do it regularly. Ask in the post office.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.