Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    i disagree with the media's infulence totally, however i think england do have a very good chance, watching portugal who looked awful at the back and spain who didint look anything special has given me quite alot of hope

Erikisson has a fantastic record as an england coach and the squad looks far more relaxed than any championship that i have seen, and our players do actually look like they can play abit.
    they don't look like they can play abit
    they think they gonna win

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shushimeng)
    they don't look like they can play abit
    they think they gonna win
    we have the best england midfield for ages

ReputationRep:
    My mum predicts we will go 2-0 up, but draw 2-2

i reckon we will lose 2-1

my sis thinks we will draw 1-1 (she knows nought about fottie!)

i hope we win. i was reading the paper this morning about the the top 10 games we played against them. (france)

england 18-15 france, but france won 5-2 twice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    At last a voice not utterly blinded by patriotism played Hunty. England are nothing more than average and even drawing with France is a good result for us! This isn't 1966 anymore people .
    u r just trying to look like yuu r really clever and sensible but u r not...how can u say that england are an average side??? we have sum great players and we will beat france...so just u watch

ReputationRep:
    England are far more than average. In qualifying for this Euro cup (which in my opinion is a higher standard than the World Cup) England's results are only bettered by France and the Czech Republic. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about! This week Viera tipped England to win the next world cup and said that Gerrard was among the best midfielders in the world!

In my opinion France's defence just isn't strong enough, and behind that there is Barthez who just isn't world class.

The problem England has is just getting goals in the back of the net. (disregarding Iceland!) Out of all the Euro 2004 teams, 9 out of 15 of them scored more goals during qualifying with France topping the table for the amount of goals scored :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lgs98jonee)
    u r just trying to look like yuu r really clever and sensible but u r not...how can u say that england are an average side??? we have sum great players and we will beat france...so just u watch
    who are the great players?
    don't tell me is David Beckham :rolleyes:
    and plus Gimp is right England is average

ReputationRep:
    As long as Henry, Pires and Zidane don't decide to get too clever we have a good chance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    As long as Henry, Pires and Zidane don't decide to get too clever we have a good chance
    u know they will so England have no chance

ReputationRep:
    u know they will so England have no chance
    You never know even Henry can have bad game. I think. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    You never know even Henry can have bad game. I think. :rolleyes:
    let me see 0.1% for that will happen, even that is too much

ReputationRep:
    let me see 0.1% for that will happen, even that is too much
    There is always hope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    There is always hope
    i gotta say the england's dream team is not a very good combination, but now it is too late for that

ReputationRep:
    And this is why Steven Gerrard should be captain...

ReputationRep:
    Bring back Lineker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    And this is why Steven Gerrard should be captain...
    yeah, but that still doesn't make much difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by David Beckham)
    "We are better than France"
    Maybe I should remind you that straight after david beckham said that, he said "Is France a man or a woman?!?" :rolleyes:

We should not forget that Woody and Rio, England's best defensive players are not gonna play.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, but that still doesn't make much difference.
    moan, moan, moan.....france r not that good...i know we r not that amazing but we have sum great players...
    gerrard is world class
    beckham is the best crosser of the ball and he tries very hard/tracks back
    lampard has had a great year, scoring alot of goals so better than makele....remind me who won when gallas, henry, viera and pires played v lampard in da champions league??????
    rooner has talent and owen can play well
    campbell is a rock
    james is a great keeper (althougth he makes a lot of howlers)

ReputationRep:
    We have lots of good players but they never seem to gel that well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lgs98jonee)
    moan, moan, moan.....france r not that good...i know we r not that amazing but we have sum great players...
    gerrard is world class
    beckham is the best crosser of the ball and he tries very hard/tracks back
    lampard has had a great year, scoring alot of goals so better than makele....remind me who won when gallas, henry, viera and pires played v lampard in da champions league??????
    rooner has talent and owen can play well
    campbell is a rock
    james is a great keeper (althougth he makes a lot of howlers)
    i am not moaning, it doesn't really matter if france win, France is great
    i love herny
    and yes they are great but not better

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 13, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.