Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lgs98jonee)
    ..england r sooo dnaegrous from beckham's set plays..will France score from those?? no.
    Err...yes, Zidane and Pires can take brilliant free kicks, as can Henry, and Trezeguet is the perfect predator to score from a set-piece.

ReputationRep:
    so who is world class in da france team then???
    Thuram, Gallas, Vieira, Zidane, Henry, Pires

and Dacourt/Barthez/Rothen/Pedretti have all had strong seasons.

ReputationRep:
    lolololooloplololololol slivestre excellent lolololoolololol
    He'd walk into the England team and has been one of Utd's best players this season.

ReputationRep:
    gerrard better than vieira...and henry can have his off days....and zidane? ponces around the pitch taking the mick, i dont usually see him do anything towards a goal
    You don't have to argue against me, I just answered your question! I agree that on present form, Gerrard is better than Veira. Henry does have off days, but you can't possibly say he's not world class. And zidane is worls player of the year. ENgland have good players too though. We can do it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron Huntroyde)
    He'd walk into the England team and has been one of Utd's best players this season.
    no he wouldnt..may be better than king but that is only cos southgate, terry, ferdianand, brown, woodgate are all out

ReputationRep:
    no he wouldnt..may be better than king but that is only cos southgate, terry, ferdianand, brown, woodgate are all out
    Brown could (and should) have been in the squad as he's recovered now.

But no one can deny Silvestre is a top-class defender, that is, after all, the reason why United have relied on him so much (and he hasn't let them down).

ReputationRep:
    Brown could (and should) have been in the squad as he's recovered now.
    Wasn't it ferguson who told Sven not to pick him?

ReputationRep:
    stop arguing with me :-((((( we have 2 be optomisitc if we r that bad...how u can call all france's defenders world class i dont know...if that is the case thent here r loads of em around

ReputationRep:
    stop arguing with me :-((((( we have 2 be optomisitc if we r that bad...how u can call all france's defenders world class i dont know...if that is the case thent here r loads of em around
    I'm on your side. France are good, but so are we. We can beat them, come on England!!!!

ReputationRep:
    hahah someone gave me neg rep for my opinon about how england will lose
    lolol pathetic!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    I'm on your side. France are good, but so are we. We can beat them, come on England!!!!
    no u cant

btw i dont mean to offence any1 whenever i take france side

ReputationRep:
    Not all France's defenders are world class, though having the likes of Silvestre/Gallas/Sagnol complimented by the more experienced Lizarazu/Thuram/Desailly could form a much more effective defensive unit than many people think.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't arguing that we are significantly better than France. Everyone knows this is gonna be tough.

I take issue with your assertation that England are just a mediocre team. The results speak for themselves - look at the Euro qualifying round. England qualified from a hard group with impressive results. Sure England don't always win 8-0 but a 2-1 win is still 3 points.

ReputationRep:
    As Alan Hansen said, we have world-class attacking players, but our defence is a bit weak.

But King and Campbell are strong and do their job well. Ashley Cole needs to get stronger, defence-wise, and Gary Neville is not known as the most ambitious player, as he just does the simple jobs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feedtheflamingo)
    I wasn't arguing that we are significantly better than France. Everyone knows this is gonna be tough.

I take issue with your assertation that England are just a mediocre team. The results speak for themselves - look at the Euro qualifying round. England qualified from a hard group with impressive results. Sure England don't always win 8-0 but a 2-1 win is still 3 points.
    They're a bit better than mediocre, but they're not as good as they have been hyped up to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theaman)
    As Alan Hansen said, we have world-class attacking players, but our defence is a bit weak.

But King and Campbell are strong and do their job well. Ashley Cole needs to get stronger, defence-wise, and Gary Neville is not known as the most ambitious player, as he just does the simple jobs.
    I still think Carragher should play

ReputationRep:
    They're a bit better than mediocre, but they're not as good as they have been hyped up to be.
    shut up and stopp being so annoying...we all want england to win...we dont need ur intellectual and brilliant bit of modesty...u probably arent even a football supporter but read about it in da paper and want to make all us confident ones feel worse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    I still think Carragher should play
    Why?

He has no pace, Henry will just waltz past him, and so will the likes of Vieira and Pires.

Carragher is a solid defender, but isn;t as quick, and as strong as King, who is also good at moving forward with the ball, as Ferdinand does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammypotato)
    no u cant

btw i dont mean to offence any1 whenever i take france side
    don't worry tammypostatp
    let the truth get its place

ReputationRep:
    shut up and stopp being so annoying...we all want england to win...we dont need ur intellectual and brilliant bit of modesty...u probably arent even a football supporter but read about it in da paper and want to make all us confident ones feel worse
    I do follow football and, as we have seen, I am much more knowledgable about the game than you are.

I'm just less England-centric.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 13, 2004
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.