Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theaman)
    Why?
    Because I support liverpool!

He has no pace, Henry will just waltz past him, and so will the likes of Vieira and Pires.

Carragher is a solid defender, but isn;t as quick, and as strong as King, who is also good at moving forward with the ball, as Ferdinand does.
    I know Carragher isn't the fastest or good at going forward, but I think he's a better defender than King, he's more experienced and King has been playing in midfield all season. But as I said, I'm biased!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron Huntroyde)
    I do follow football and, as we have seen, I am much more knowledgable about the game than you are.

I'm just less England-centric.
    well dont be...true football supporters follow england as their number one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    Because I support liverpool!

I know Carragher isn't the fastest or good at going forward, but I think he's a better defender than King, he's more experienced and King has been playing in midfield all season. But as I said, I'm biased!
    The only thing Carragher has over King is experience - but, as Sven said, "how do I give players experience? The only way of doing that is by playing them in games".

King has played in defence this season, as well as midfield, and is still comfortable in that position.

Oh, and by the way, I am a Spurs supporter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lgs98jonee)
    well dont be...true football supporters follow england as their number one
    Actually I find that it's usually people who are not that interested in football who blindly follow England and no other team, I love football so I will watch any team and support the teams I feel worth supporting. Of course I want England to do well, but for me this competition is about football, not England.

ReputationRep:
    The only thing Carragher has over King is experience - but, as Sven said, "how do I give players experience? The only way of doing that is by playing them in games".

King has played in defence this season, as well as midfield, and is still comfortable in that position.

Oh, and by the way, I am a Spurs supporter.
    Lol, well that explains it then! It looks like it will be King anyway so I wish him the best of luck and hope he plays well

ReputationRep:
    Actually I find that it's usually people who are not that interested in football who blindly follow England and no other team, I love football so I will watch any team and support the teams I feel worth supporting. Of course I want England to do well, but for me this competition is about football, not England.
    Who you going for then Mr Huntroyde?

And when is the Lord returning to the board?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    Lol, well that explains it then! It looks like it will be King anyway so I wish him the best of luck and hope he plays well
    So do I!

And if James doesn't play well - Robinson may be vying for his place!

ReputationRep:
    So do I!

And if James doesn't play well - Robinson may be vying for his place!
    Only because Kirkland isn't there!

ReputationRep:
    Who you going for then Mr Huntroyde?
    England as well as Italy, the Czechs and France as I love the football played by these countries.

And when is the Lord returning to the board?
    When ever d fixes my other account. Or should that be if?

ReputationRep:
    England as well as Italy, the Czechs and France as I love the football played by these countries.
    All those sides are good. England are the team I want to win, but I will follow other teams, like Italy, Holland, Spain and France throughout the tournament.

When ever d fixes my other account. Or should that be if?
    Well, at least Baron is a good enough substituion!

ReputationRep:
    All those sides are good. England are the team I want to win, but I will follow other teams, like Italy, Holland, Spain and France throughout the tournament.
    I always support the underdogs. So IF england get knocked out I will support Latvia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    I always support the underdogs. So IF england get knocked out I will support Latvia
    or Germany

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    LOL.

Will they even get a point in their group?!

Holland, Germany, Czech Republic........

ReputationRep:
    LOL.

Will they even get a point in their group?!

Holland, Germany, Czech Republic........
    Probably not. But at the last World Cup, South Korea were my second team cos everyone else kept saying they wouldn't get very far so I decided to lend my support, and look how well they did!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    Probably not. But at the last World Cup, South Korea were my second team cos everyone else kept saying they wouldn't get very far so I decided to lend my support, and look how well they did!
    What are you doing here then......?

Go out to Portugal and you could be Latvia's lucky mascot!

ReputationRep:
    england will win if they play with passion and pride, technically we are not as good as french, but we arent far behind them. If with play with pride and passion and we will win!

ReputationRep:
    What are you doing here then......?

Go out to Portugal and you could be Latvia's lucky mascot!
    Lol. I'll tell you what, you buy me a plane ticket and I'm there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    Lol. I'll tell you what, you buy me a plan ticket and I'm there!
    No, it's all right lol.

Just watch them as their sing their national anthems - they might give you a wave!

ReputationRep:
    No, it's all right lol.

Just watch them as their sing their national anthems - they might give you a wave!
    Lol. Well I'll support Latvia on tuesday. Today it's all 'GO ENGLAND!' I have my flag up and my England shirt on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    Lol. Well I'll support Latvia on tuesday. Today it's all 'GO ENGLAND!' I have my flag up and my England shirt on
    Nice set up.

You got a pic of you with your England shirt on?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 13, 2004

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.