katieb132
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thinking of studying Maths as a degree at uni but no idea what to choose for my insurance choice? Any help?
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by katieb132)
Thinking of studying Maths as a degree at uni but no idea what to choose for my insurance choice? Any help?
? We might need a bit more info...

Your offers, their requirements, your predictions, what sort of uni/course you want, etc etc ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You don't seem to be aware of the UCAS system.

You make five choices when applying. The normal thing is to choose five similar university courses (i.e. all for maths, in your case). It is only after any offers have come in that you need to decide which is your main choice and which should be your insurance. You may not get two offers in which case you won't have an insurance.
katieb132
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
The head of A levels at my college said i need to pick 1 uni course which has low requirements and isn't part of the Russel group so like 3 C's. Ive been predicted 3 A's and all the maths courses require 3 A's so I'm just getting really confused as everyone seems to be telling me different things???
Docjones1
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The head of A levels at my college said i need to pick 1 uni course which has low requirements and isn't part of the Russel group so like 3 C's. Ive been predicted 3 A's and all the maths courses require 3 A's so I'm just getting really confused as everyone seems to be telling me different things???
Well you should pick an insurance but if you don't meet your firm's offers you wouldn't meat your conditional's offer either - as in you should pick ABB or AAB course as one
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If your predictions are AAA I wouldn't bother going lower than ABB for your lowest target and not all unis offering Maths require AAA anyway. eg Lboro is AAB (if you have Maths + FM or Physics)

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (76)
16.67%
No one else does (141)
30.92%
I'm embarrassed about my background (51)
11.18%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (159)
34.87%
We don't use a video platform (7)
1.54%
I don't have a camera (10)
2.19%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (12)
2.63%

Watched Threads