Turn on thread page Beta

Uh oh new car watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My new car had a personal registration on it so the garage said they have applied for the proper registration but it's been two weeks now and we phone every day and they say its not arrived yet.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I sold my old car too so I'm car less and it's so inconvenient.

Should it take this long???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You need to apply to the DVLA to have your registration transferred off your old car. It then reverts to the reg number it was given when it was first registered. It is no concern of yours if the car in question is waiting for some new plates. However be aware that there is a significant charge of £80 to move a registration.

https://www.gov.uk/keep-registration-number

ReputationRep:
    You don't need the v5 to drive it. You insure it on the current number and call up the insurers when the logbook comes through and get it changed. So long as you have the insurance docs on you in the car if you get stopped you'll be fine.
    Simply have the insurers take note of the chassis number.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.