Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I sold my old car about two weeks ago privately but I paid £70 in road tax a month ago. How do I get that back?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiwibia)
    I sold my old car about two weeks ago privately but I paid £70 in road tax a month ago. How do I get that back?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax-refund

ReputationRep:
    Saw this but it didn't seem very helpful

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Click on the link that says 'sold or transferred' and it takes you to the online form.you need to fill in. Seems straightforward enough - what's the problem?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You dont need to do anything. Once you have sent the paperwork in saying you have sold the car and no longer own it, you get the remainder of the tax back automatically through the post.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's the government website explaining the answer to your question. It couldn't be any more helpful.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.