Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is it weird that I don't go on holidays? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I never thought about this before, but during an interview I was asked and the interviewer gave a shocked reaction to me stating I didn't go on holiday much.

So is it strange that I don't go on holiday?

ReputationRep:
    I don't go on holidays either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sesshomaru24U)
    I never thought about this before, but during an interview I was asked and the interviewer gave a shocked reaction to me stating I didn't go on holiday much.

So is it strange that I don't go on holiday?
    Tbh I think if you live in London (or other major developed cities) there are very few places in the world that offer anything more interesting than London has to offer. I've often been on holiday, only to get there and wish I'd stayed at home.

ReputationRep:
    I think a lot of people might feel that they need a holiday once per year to feel that they are really living and making the most of life and their hard earned money and time off.

A treat doesn't have to exist in the form of a holiday. I like days out in the UK, getting nail art supplies and paying for more education.

Everyone is different and that's ok

ReputationRep:
    i love holidays, me

Spoiler:
    Show
    except bank holidays, which suck

(Original post by MAINE.)
    Tbh I think if you live in London (or other major developed cities) there are very few places in the world that offer anything more interesting than London has to offer. I've often been on holiday, only to get there and wish I'd stayed at home.
    That's a slightly narrow minded view.

I don't go on many holidays either OP, but that's only because I can't afford them :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Well I am I am half Mediterranean, so I should naturally love the sun.

But I was born in the UK so I guess I am more adjusted to the cold weather.

And the hot climate in my home country Is unbearable, so I start getting these boils all over my body from the heat, and I end up coming home depressed.

So I don't know, I much prefer the United Kingdom rather than having to make my skin suffer with the heat.

ReputationRep:
    I don't either

ReputationRep:
    What about the countryside?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How can you not go on holidays??

I'm going to Mexico for two weeks soon and I've been using it as my motivation to keep living since Feb.

ReputationRep:
    Not going abroad/on trips etc? Or not taking time off?

I can totally understand not going abroad. It's often stressful, expensive and over far too quickly and involves wasting a lot of time traveling. I don't mind a beach holiday, but after a few more adventitious "culture" holidays (Moroco) decided I'll stick to lazy beaches in future.

But I'm a stingy bugger and if I, say, won a grand I'd hate to spend it on a one-time trip... I'd pay off some mortgage, or spend it on something that lasts.

I love taking time off though. I have so many things I like doing at home (writing, fixing cars, knife-making, coding, business ideas) that I can fill my time with and I'm usually knackered from working 9-5 for months.

So if you don't jump on every day's leave you can get I think you very strange!

ReputationRep:
    There are no holidays in ninja world

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by enaayrah)
    That's a slightly narrow minded view.

I don't go on many holidays either OP, but that's only because I can't afford them :sad:
    Give me a valid reason why?

It's partly different strokes for different folks though - some people are content to go on holiday and sit on the beach for hours, go on walks or go to museums - things like that bore the f*** out of me

When I go on holiday I want to be active and do new interesting things, not be languid or do things I could do back home, and have found there are are few places in the world which can offer that relative to major developed cities.

ReputationRep:
    I dont go on holiday either. It is way too much effort and cost for what it is worth which usuallybia a lifestyle that is not as enjoyable as my days off at home.

I love my free time at home. I can occupy myself forever. I would much rather invest in my everyday life being better bt forgoing foreign holidays than waste so much money on a couple of weeks of bonus joy a year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katty3)
    What about the countryside?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And do what?

Go walking; animal watching; fishing?......Snoozefest.

Exponentially more interesting things to do in cities (esp. major developed cities) than other places.

Give me a valid reason why?

It's partly different strokes for different folks though - some people are content to go on holiday and sit on the beach for hours, go on walks or go to museums - things like that bore the f*** out of me

When I go on holiday I want to be active and do new interesting things, not be languid or do things I could do back home, and have found there are are few places in the world which can offer that relative to major developed cities.
    Fair enough

ReputationRep:
    I don't either because can't afford it. lolz

ReputationRep:
    I agree.

The main reason I used to go on holiday is because I thought it would be easier to sleep with lots of women.

Then one day I discovered Newcastle.

ReputationRep:
    Aye it's hard to equal that level of ****hole full of ******s.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been on holiday because I can't be bother with traveling. I wouldn't mind going to Italy though.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.