Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How to break up? watch

Announcements

So me and this girl have been together for ~5 months. And it's been intense. (im 18, she's 16)

We hit it off really well, and fell for each other hard.

After telling each other we liked each other, but just before actually getting together, we started telling each other more about ourselves.

She told me she had a previous bf. No biggie.

Then I found out more and more, and about stuff she'd done. And quite frankly it disgusted me and put me off her. But I stuck through because I loved her and wanted it to work.

Turns out she really downplayed everything, and it was farrr worse than what she let on. It's completely a deal breaker for me, and I'm just.... eugh...

So now I'm adamant. I don't want her.

But I still ****ing love her...

How can I break up with her?

Should I tell her why (it'll hurt her feelings)? Or do I just get up and leave?

And how do I get her out of my head? I gave her everything. She was my first everything. She is my everything...

ReputationRep:
    "She is my everything..." Says it all, don't give her up! If you don't mind me asking what happened that disgusts you so bad? Surely if you love her that much you couldn't give her up as easy as you seem to want to? Work things out, confront her about it and explain the situation and why you are not happy. Understandably she's only 16 so she may or may not be the most mature to speak to about things, but it's always worth a try first before doing anything drastic!

ReputationRep:
    You sound conflicted.

ReputationRep:
    So you're upset that your girlfriend isn't a virgin?

(Original post by Richpeasant)
    "She is my everything..." Says it all, don't give her up! If you don't mind me asking what happened that disgusts you so bad? Surely if you love her that much you couldn't give her up as easy as you seem to want to? Work things out, confront her about it and explain the situation and why you are not happy. Understandably she's only 16 so she may or may not be the most mature to speak to about things, but it's always worth a try first before doing anything drastic!
    She's sent pictures. Been with multiple guys. And cheated on someone. AND, just before we started talking, she was sending pics to her "best guy friend", and didnt mention that at all when I asked if there was anything going on between them.

Im not gonna marry a whore.

(Original post by Another)
    So you're upset that your girlfriend isn't a virgin?
    She is a virgin as in no penetrative sex.

And tbh, it wouldn't matter that much if she wasnt. Sure, I'd be a bit annoyed, but not upset.

What really kills is the nature. Of how young she is. Of what she's done. Of how she's done it. Of where she's done it.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    She's sent pictures. Been with multiple guys. And cheated on someone. AND, just before we started talking, she was sending pics to her "best guy friend", and didnt mention that at all when I asked if there was anything going on between them.

the thing is a vast majority of girls do that ****
    so not a lot you can do really

(Original post by Awesome Genius)
    You sound conflicted.
    Understatement of the century.

ReputationRep:

The cheating issue is rather significant, but sending pictures? That's not really a big thing...By "Been with multiple guys" you mean sex? I mean it depends how you look at sex and then judge it from there , for me it wouldn't be massive problem but by how they managed to have sex would of been (if she was easy for instance)

EDIT: If she's still a virgin what on earth is the problem? Oral sex is hardly a big issue

The cheating issue is rather significant, but sending pictures? That's not really a big thing...By "Been with multiple guys" you mean sex? I mean it depends how you look at sex and then judge it from there , for me it wouldn't be massive problem but by how they managed to have sex would of been (if she was easy for instance)
    How is sending pics not a big deal...?

You're basically showing someone your naked self. If it wasnt a big deal we'd walk around naked.

ReputationRep:
    Clearly you don't love her if you're breaking things off with her over such stupid ****. Get over yourself lol

(Original post by xOHarriet)
    Clearly you don't love her if you're breaking things off with her over such stupid ****. Get over yourself lol
    Lolk

I do love her. Just because I have a problem with what she's done means I don't love her? Cool story

What she's done hugely reflects on her character and self worth. And so she clearly isnt who I think she is.

ReputationRep:
    She is a virgin as in no penetrative sex.

And tbh, it wouldn't matter that much if she wasnt. Sure, I'd be a bit annoyed, but not upset.

What really kills is the nature. Of how young she is. Of what she's done. Of how she's done it. Of where she's done it.
    I'm not sure how she's "been with" multiple guys without actually having sex with them.. Could you be more specific?

It's entirely possible for people to change character as they get older. But if you can't be bothered to wait for her to mature (or not sure if she will), then break it off now I guess

ReputationRep:
    How is sending pics not a big deal...?

You're basically showing someone your naked self. If it wasnt a big deal we'd walk around naked.
    Hardly a big deal, loads of people will see you naked during your life. It's only skin.

EDIT: If she's still a virgin what on earth is the problem? Oral sex is hardly a big issue
    Doing it in the storage cupboard at the supermarket twice a week is.

And I'm supposed to kiss those fukin lips

Stop trying to keep us together.

I want to break it off.

How do?

ReputationRep:
    So me and this girl have been together for ~5 months. And it's been intense. (im 18, she's 16)

We hit it off really well, and fell for each other hard.

After telling each other we liked each other, but just before actually getting together, we started telling each other more about ourselves.

She told me she had a previous bf. No biggie.

Then I found out more and more, and about stuff she'd done. And quite frankly it disgusted me and put me off her. But I stuck through because I loved her and wanted it to work.

Turns out she really downplayed everything, and it was farrr worse than what she let on. It's completely a deal breaker for me, and I'm just.... eugh...

So now I'm adamant. I don't want her.

But I still ****ing love her...

How can I break up with her?

Should I tell her why (it'll hurt her feelings)? Or do I just get up and leave?

And how do I get her out of my head? I gave her everything. She was my first everything. She is my everything...
    What did she do? More details required OP.

ReputationRep:
    Doing it in the storage cupboard at the supermarket twice a week is.

And I'm supposed to kiss those fukin lips
    Oh god, worse than i thought! Not the end of the world though, sex drives can be the best of us Only thing I could suggest is "I'm not happy with your past, it doesn't reflect well and i can't really be with someone that in my head when i think of their past turns me sick" She'll be heartbroken but what can you do if you are so adamant

Enuf detayls

Tell me how to break up and get her out of my heart and head.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's fair judging her on her past behaviour. You have no proof that she will do the same again. Just give it a shot because after all you're in a relationship with a person and not their past.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 21, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.