Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

LSE v.s KCL v.s SOAS -International relations, Help! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm so lucky to be able to even think about applying to these three universities, but I have no idea which one is best for my course and generally better with the teaching, help received and job outcomes (In addition to the societies etc).

Can someone help me? I want to study International relations, the courses look good in all three but I'm on the edge.

Thanks.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by meowie)
    I'm so lucky to be able to even think about applying to these three universities, but I have no idea which one is best for my course and generally better with the teaching, help received and job outcomes (In addition to the societies etc).

Can someone help me? I want to study International relations, the courses look good in all three but I'm on the edge.

Thanks.
    Hi meowie

Congrats on getting this far. Those are three really good schools to apply for (call me bias but I think one of them is just a tad bit better lol).

I think the best thing about SOAS is that you won't just be learning inside the classroom, you'll be learning in every nook and cranny of our buildings. SOAS is really interntional - we have over 160 countries walking our halls on a daily basis - which means you'll get the chance to understand and reflect upon the speed at which the world is changing, as you play pool in our student lounge!

Imagine yourself in 20 years' time. You're negotiating an international treaty. How will you know what their demands are? How will you understand the subtle context clues your counterparts are saying / doing? Will you even know what it really means? We just don't give you a book to read about IR. We teach you everything from history, to political science, economics etc. so you can empathise with others, maintain the peace, fight for justice, change others for the better, and make the world a better place. We are the world's leading institution for the study of Asia, Africa and the Middle East. That's 75% of the world. It's also unfortunately where most of the turmoil lies. We'll teach you to challenge perspectives in a complex world and gain insight into the politics and political systems of the developing world.

Oh.. did I also mention our Politics and IR departments are ranked 4th in the UK and 35th in the world lol

We have over 160 societies, ranging from Yoga society to Bagpipes society to sports and everything in between. Even if you don't join any, there's events that goes on constantly in our halls. We have one almost every single day of the year. You can see the vast amount of events we have on offer here

Have you had a chance to visit our 2016 Application Thread yet?

~Mike

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 21, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.