Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

personal statment help for someone who failed a year at uni watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    SO I went to uni for 1 year, and i ended up failing. I don't have a very good reason for failing, I think it was down to me finding it quite difficult, lack of time management, and my loss of interest for the subject that started even before I joined the course and i decided to carry on anyway because i thought it would at least lead me to a job and i wasn't sure what else i wanted to do. This year I am currently taking a gap year and I really want to reapply for uni next year but for maths this time. What shall I include in my personal statement? and how shall I explain my reasons for failing the year?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Your referee should mention it. If it's a new subject, then it should be in your education history, but you don't need to mention it in your PS if it doesn't link to why you are applying for the new course. Focus on why this course interests you

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.