Turn on thread page Beta

Repayments - Living Abroad SFE Charging watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I am currently travelling abroad and have no income. Before I left the UK, I complete an Overseas Income Assessment Form and sent the required evidence to SFE. I have the proof of postage for this but off-hand I believe I posted this information in June.

On 22nd September, SFE posted me a letter saying that if I do not complete an Overseas Income Assessment form they will charge me £246 a month. And I must make the first payment by 15th August latest, a whole month before I was even sent the letter and told about the charge.

This letter did not include an OA form - it said this would be sent separately. As yet my mother has not received it.

No idea what I'm expected to do. Colombia does not have a postal service so it's not physically possible for me to post anything from here, and SFE already has the required information from me!!!

Any advice would be appreciated
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi,

I do apologise for you getting the letter late. You're able to download the overseas form from http://bit.ly/L6dDKj. If you're not able to return it yourself your parent can do this for you by signing the declaration on your behalf and including a covering letter explaining that this is what they are doing. If you have no income you'll need to include evidence of how you're supporting yourself, this can take the form of bank statements or if you're receiving support from a third party there's a section they can sign to indicate this.

Hope this helps.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.