Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How do you suceed when you are mentally ill? watch

ReputationRep:
    I am failing my last year ay uni all because i can't concentrate at all.

I have been d=sitting here for the past 8 hours trying to do work but my mind is dominated on other thoughts.

I just want to stop thinking by whatever means possible.

Can't even spell succeed right lol.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure it won't help you, but i dropped out and started working.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I redefined success. I'm being successful now because I'm eating breakfast. It may be crisps but it counts.

ReputationRep:
    i get like that.... when your tryna revise and nothing makes sense.... my mind is usually miles away, caffeine helps me get thru tho at times sometimes it gets a lot worse... any way try set yourself goals on what you need to do each day and try to achieve them, once you get thru with the stuff you need you'll feel so much better! good luck tho hope things get better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    I'm sure it won't help you, but i dropped out and started working.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did that help you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmallTownGirl)
    I redefined success. I'm being successful now because I'm eating breakfast. It may be crisps but it counts.
    That is a good way of thinking lol.

ReputationRep:
    You probably have ADD. You can get drugs for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cakeyygirl)
    i get like that.... when your tryna revise and nothing makes sense.... my mind is usually miles away, caffeine helps me get thru tho at times sometimes it gets a lot worse... any way try set yourself goals on what you need to do each day and try to achieve them, once you get thru with the stuff you need you'll feel so much better! good luck tho hope things get better
    Yeah setting yourself goals is all you can do really and hopefully achieve them.

I might try that. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder, is this anxiety based?

ReputationRep:
    Get a doctors note and take it to your university disability support

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eggs20)
    That is a good way of thinking lol.
    The problem is the rest of society doesn't see it that way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    You probably have ADD. You can get drugs for that.
    I didn't even know there was such a thing as ADD until you mentioned it. It does sound like that is part of it,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    I wonder, is this anxiety based?
    No not really.

More obsessing over other things so not being able to concentrate on work as my mind are on those things. I do try my best to switch the other thoughts and focus but it doesn't seem to work. It always there no matter what I do- its almost like it is locked in my brain and there is no way of getting it out.

ReputationRep:
    You need to get some help. I know it is difficult, but go and talk to your GP and they will refer you for some support if necessary. I suffered from low mood (not quite as bad as depression) for around 3 years before I did anything about it. I finally decided enough was enough and saw my GP. They then referred me for counselling and things are much better since I completed my treatment.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't even know there was such a thing as ADD until you mentioned it. It does sound like that is part of it,
    ye if you can't concentrate so much that it affects your life you should get it checked out. I'm trying to get diagnosed for it atm at a mental health clinic. A big thing that happens is I always switch off and start day dreaming if someone talks straight for more than 5-10 seconds lol.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Have you been diagnosed with any mental health issues? If not, to speak to your GP and see what's wrong.

ReputationRep:
    No not really.

More obsessing over other things so not being able to concentrate on work as my mind are on those things. I do try my best to switch the other thoughts and focus but it doesn't seem to work. It always there no matter what I do- its almost like it is locked in my brain and there is no way of getting it out.
    ye this is how I am as well lol. Difficult to sleep as well usually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmallTownGirl)
    The problem is the rest of society doesn't see it that way.
    Do you care what the rest of society thinks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fluffyowl)
    You need to get some help. I know it is difficult, but go and talk to your GP and they will refer you for some support if necessary. I suffered from low mood (not quite as bad as depression) for around 3 years before I did anything about it. I finally decided enough was enough and saw my GP. They then referred me for counselling and things are much better since I completed my treatment.
    What do you even say to your GP? Did you just make an appointment one day and said you were depressed or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    ye if you can't concentrate so much that it affects your life you should get it checked out. I'm trying to get diagnosed for it atm at a mental health clinic. A big thing that happens is I always switch off and start day dreaming if someone talks straight for more than 5-10 seconds lol.
    That sucks.

Do you take drugs for it?

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.