Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The world is a game and I'm not playing properly watch

ReputationRep:
    Anyone ever feel this way?
    I've just started university and so far I've had 4 sexual/romantic interests but it always ends badly simply because I get bored and incite drama. Like I'll say something like 'we should stop talking' randomly when things seem to be going well.
    I'm good friends with all my flatmates now but outside of the flat I have so many acquatainces but I can't be bothered to make them friends. This includes denying invitations or making no effort to go out with them. Joined some societies and don't go to the socials. Literally I think I'm in control, definitely believe in agency but I just can't be bothered to use that agency and improve situations. Not that there's anything wrong with the current situation, I'm fine, I just know I could be better.
    Anyone else having problems reaching their potential?

Sounds like you just like the thrill of the chase rather than settling down. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlenorthernlass)
    Sounds like you just like the thrill of the chase rather than settling down. :dontknow:
    I think so but that's a problem because every time I feel lonely or bored it means I'd pursue or get to know a new person. I'd rather stick with one person but I don't have the patience to do so.

ReputationRep:
    I have the exact same problem tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    I have the exact same problem tbh.
    To be fair I'm only 4 weeks into uni but I feel like this will be a continuous thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crystalz)
    To be fair I'm only 4 weeks into uni but I feel like this will be a continuous thing.
    lol I've had the problem for ages. Not good at becoming 'friends'. Like how other people are part of cliquey groups. I always drift around and everyone knows who I am but I'm not really on that good friendship level. And I've always been more of a ladies man as well. Always have flirty relationships with girls rather than normal friends. And when I talk to or hang out with people I always want to get away from them sort of thing.

Getting better now though tbf. Been consciously working on it and I have a couple decent friends.

ReputationRep:
    You sound like a prize nob

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    if the world is a game and ur not playing properly then u need some chest codes lmao
    also look for gameplay tutorials on utube

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    lol I've had the problem for ages. Not good at becoming 'friends'. Like how other people are part of cliquey groups. I always drift around and everyone knows who I am but I'm not really on that good friendship level. And I've always been more of a ladies man as well. Always have flirty relationships with girls rather than normal friends. And when I talk to or hang out with people I always want to get away from them sort of thing.

Getting better now though tbf. Been consciously working on it and I have a couple decent friends.
    I have a lot of friends. I'd say I've always been part of a 'clique'. When I go out people come up to me BUTTTT on my course etc and with guys I'm pretty screwed.

(Original post by RobML)
    You sound like a prize nob

Posted from TSR Mobile
    At the point where I don't care what TSR people think because you know this isn't real life and I don't know you

(Original post by serah.exe)
    if the world is a game and ur not playing properly then u need some chest codes lmao
    also look for gameplay tutorials on utube
    Looool haha good talk x

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.