The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kaeden
No offers will be sent during the weekend, right? :colondollar:

Not that I'm impatient or anything.........

Nah they won't be.
My UCAS got sent off yesterday and within a few hours I had an offer from QMUL (ABB for politics) :smile: Still waiting on LSE, Warwick, Birmingham and Southampton.
Original post by thecatwithnohat
The 2016 UCAS cycle is already upon us! So many of us are currently in the process of writing up our personal statements, pestering our tutors to do our references, and some of the early birds have already sent their applications off!

"What else is there to know" did you say? People are already receiving university offers! You knew that? Well, do you know which universities are handing out offers a lot quicker than others? Or which are taking their time? Feel free to contribute. :fyi:

(Hogwarts is only a letter away for some of us :mmm:)

Which universities do you know of that are making offers the quickest this year (for your course and/or in general)

Or do you know of any universities that are really taking. their. time? :zomg:

Once again, good luck to all of you applying this year - it'll be a blast!

Ok so yesterday I sent my application to:

- Liverpool (Biological and medical sciences)
- Leeds (Medical Sciences)
- Manchester (Biomedical Sciences)
- Cardiff (Biomedical Sciences)
- Exeter (Medical Sciences)

I've had confirmation of receipt from Manchester and Exeter within 12 hours. I'm not sure if - because it's a science-y course I'm applying for - it'll take longer to get the offer/rejection, but I will keep you all updated when things come through:smile:
Original post by qasim_96
Lancaster and Bournemouth are taking their time. Applied 2 weeks ago today and still nothing. They're the only unis I'm waiting for now. Apparently Lancaster take around 2-3 weeks but Bournemouth take even longer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

A friend of mine sent his roughly two weeks ago to do R.E and got his from Lancaster today. :smile:

HAVE HOPE
Original post by ruthinlad
A friend of mine sent his roughly two weeks ago to do R.E and got his from Lancaster today. :smile:

HAVE HOPE

I'm hoping for them to reply next week :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied last year at about 8 o'clock at night and had an offer from Huddersfield by 11oclock the next morning
I've applied to Bristol, Birmingham, Loughborough, Durham and UEA for Psychology Bsc. I received an acknowledgement email from Bristol and conditional offers from Loughborough and UEA. :h:

But has anyone heard from Birmingham or Durham? Do they tend to be slow? If so, do I have to wait until March or so?:s-smilie:

-Diksha
I completed my UCAS form about two-three weeks ago, but my school still hasn't checked it and sent it off :angry:

Any Durham/SOAS offer-holders yet?
Original post by spiritless98
Offer from Birmingham and Warwick!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats!! :awesome:

If you don't mind me asking, for what course did you apply for and how long ago did you send off your application? I'm waiting on Birmingham :s-smilie:
Ok so yesterday I sent my application to:

- Liverpool (Biological and medical sciences)
- Leeds (Medical Sciences)
- Manchester (Biomedical Sciences)
- Cardiff (Biomedical Sciences)
- Exeter (Medical Sciences)

I've had confirmation of receipt from Manchester and Exeter within 12 hours. I'm not sure if - because it's a science-y course I'm applying for - it'll take longer to get the offer/rejection, but I will keep you all updated when things come through:smile:

what are your predicted grades?? im waiting to hear from exeter for medical sciences and the wait is killing me!:frown:
UCAS received my offer for BSC Geography last Monday.

Leeds - offer on Wednesday
Sheffield - offer on Wednesday
Liverpool - offer on Friday
Lancaster - offer the following Wednesday
Still waiting for York to reply

Hope this helps. Anyone else applied to do Geography?
Original post by elen90
I completed my UCAS form about two-three weeks ago, but my school still hasn't checked it and sent it off :angry:

Any Durham/SOAS offer-holders yet?

Same things happened to me. Are they still doing the reference or something?
Original post by amelia101
what are your predicted grades?? im waiting to hear from exeter for medical sciences and the wait is killing me!:frown:

ABB in A2 (Biology, Chemistry & Maths)
AAB in AS (Biology, Chemistry & Maths)

I'm resitting a module in each subject so thats why I have predicted AS grades:smile:

Have you not even had an acknowledgement email?
Original post by MarthaHG
UCAS received my offer for BSC Geography last Monday.

Leeds - offer on Wednesday
Sheffield - offer on Wednesday
Liverpool - offer on Friday
Lancaster - offer the following Wednesday
Still waiting for York to reply

Hope this helps. Anyone else applied to do Geography?

I have, but mostly BA Geography.
Track is down for the whole weekend! :eek::eek:
ABB in A2 (Biology, Chemistry & Maths)
AAB in AS (Biology, Chemistry & Maths)

I'm resitting a module in each subject so thats why I have predicted AS grades:smile:

Have you not even had an acknowledgement email?

ah they're good- I'm predicted ABB, and im resitting some modules too:/ yes i also got a postcard a few weeks ago, but haven't heard anything since then!:frown:
I applied to MMU, Salford, Huddersfield and Bradford for Psychology. My UCAS application was sent off on Tuesday and within 8 hours I received an offer from Huddersfield. Surprised how fast they made a decision. Anyone know how long MMU or Salford take?
Original post by amelia101
ah they're good- I'm predicted ABB, and im resitting some modules too:/ yes i also got a postcard a few weeks ago, but haven't heard anything since then!:frown:

I originally got CDE, so to say I'm resitting a few modules is a bit of an understatement:rolleyes: theres only two modules I'm not resitting! But hopefully my personal statement and reference should show them that I really do want/deserve this place:smile: I'm sure you'll get a place, last year they let people in with lower grades than they originally asked for so it should all come together nicely:smile:
I originally got CDE, so to say I'm resitting a few modules is a bit of an understatement:rolleyes: theres only two modules I'm not resitting! But hopefully my personal statement and reference should show them that I really do want/deserve this place:smile: I'm sure you'll get a place, last year they let people in with lower grades than they originally asked for so it should all come together nicely:smile:

that's like me! I got BCCEU last year, BCCE being in the subjects I carried on, and thankfully the E was in general studies haha, but i was so close to the next grades up so im resitting 4 of the modules! hopefully we'll hear soon, some people already have offers for medical sciences!
Original post by WaywardWriter
Track is down for the whole weekend! :eek::eek:

ARGH!! i just sent off my application this afternoon and was really looking forward to logging in

Latest