Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Uni with 3 Alevels instead of 4??? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Year 12 and I'm studying AS in English Lit, History, Philosophy and Politics. However, I HATE Politics so much. It's not how I thought it would be with our teacher telling us at one point we didn't know enough about politics to even form an opinion worth discussing!? I am enjoying my other subjects so much however I am considering dropping Politics and doing 3 subjects. I'll have more time to focus on these subjects. I'm hoping to study Philosophy at University. Will unis accept a candidate without a 4th AS? Am I gonna put myself in a tricky position if I do drop it!? I am sooo stuck!

ReputationRep:
    You only need 3 A Levels. Offers are always (for example) "ABB".
    Unless you find a degree you want that specifically needs 4 A Levels, it doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellefrancessa)
    I'm in Year 12 and I'm studying AS in English Lit, History, Philosophy and Politics. However, I HATE Politics so much. It's not how I thought it would be with our teacher telling us at one point we didn't know enough about politics to even form an opinion worth discussing!? I am enjoying my other subjects so much however I am considering dropping Politics and doing 3 subjects. I'll have more time to focus on these subjects. I'm hoping to study Philosophy at University. Will unis accept a candidate without a 4th AS? Am I gonna put myself in a tricky position if I do drop it!? I am sooo stuck!
    Most universities don't require a fourth AS level - only a few do, so just be careful when picking where you apply to. Of course, a candidate with AAAA at AS might be in a slightly better position than someone with AAA, but as you're not applying to medicine, it shouldn't really be a problem. And no university, as far as I'm aware, requires four full A levels, so that isn't a concern.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.