Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm 21 I left school at the first opportunity and got a job I now want to train to become a primary school teacher but don't know where to start I got good grades at gcse level A*- C I was just wondering if anyone could help

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any A levels? Most people go through the university route. Read this for different options but I think most of them assume you have A levels already

ReputationRep:
    No I don't have a levels I left school and got a job I regret it but want to Change that now and do it just don't know where to start

ReputationRep:
    You could start an access course with the Dlc, do a levels privately and pay for the exams or start college next September.

The Dlc will still take students now but be quick and a levels you just have to arrange to do the exams

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You could start an Access to HE course at a local college starting next September, which would allow you to start at university in September 2017. Somebody will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can do a degree in primary education, or you could pick any subject in which you are interested and then do a PGCE afterwards to qualify as a teacher.

ReputationRep:
    That's great that you have got your GCSEs. In my opinion, your best route would be to do an Access to Primary Teaching. I studied with DLC to do an Access course, check this out:

http://www.distancelearningcentre.co...ching-primary/

Best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    if you haven't already I would also try to get some experience of a primary classroom to make sure you actually like it

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.