Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

paralegal dress code ? watch

ReputationRep:
    I recently got a paralegal job at Iwin Mitchell. I wore a trouser suit to my interview but I'm not quite sure about how I will have to dress whilst at work.

I know lawyers have to dress smart but I'm just an assistant as yet . .
    Do I wear a suit everyday ? Or would wearing blouse with cardigan be okay ?

ReputationRep:
    Obviously, look smart and conservative. But I don't think you need to wear a suit all the time. A smart dress with a cardigan seems to be the thing, but also a skirt with a smart shirt/blouse and a cardigan or a jacket.

If you go to court, IMO, you should wear a suit. Dress like a lawyer. If you meet clients - check what the rest of them do - but I would say, dress up to meet the clients, your boss, to court, otherwise, cardigan and dress or skirt and blouse and cardigan/jacket are OK.

a nice bright print scarf can really help to make your wardrobe look a bit different day to day, as can a statement necklace.

(Original post by Rosewal)
    I recently got a paralegal job at Iwin Mitchell. I wore a trouser suit to my interview but I'm not quite sure about how I will have to dress whilst at work.

I know lawyers have to dress smart but I'm just an assistant as yet . .
    Do I wear a suit everyday ? Or would wearing blouse with cardigan be okay ?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.