Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

did i make the wrong choice?! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    for the four extra subjects i choose (alongside triple science,maths English,spanish) i chose classics history and geography!!!! I regret the geography and i really need to try hard for that exam. However because of this i do not want to push my other subjects away (sciences and maths are the most important for me). But i would like to know how stressful it would be taking 3 hard humanities this may!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Generally people find History harder than Geography but I guess it depends on if you prefer essay subjects or tests (like science). You should probably mostly focus on what you want to do at sixth form or college (as well as English and Maths) but also try in Geography (like going to revision sessions your school might run). If it becomes too stressful and it starts affecting other subjects you can probably drop it. I don't think it will be that stressful as I did RS and Geography last year (and I had friends who also did History) and these were the least stressful. What is it about Geography that you struggle in?

ReputationRep:
    Well Frankly, I think you will find that CORE 4 INTEGRATION poses much more of a challenge, however, not to me.
    If you have the spunk to undertake such an onerous task, then perhaps further pure 3 is more your forte.

ReputationRep:
    3 humanities should be fine as long as you work efficiently. Geography is not too much work (just memorisation really), although History seems a bit harder. I know people who are taking 3 humanities and they seem to be doing fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student232)
    Generally people find History harder than Geography but I guess it depends on if you prefer essay subjects or tests (like science). You should probably mostly focus on what you want to do at sixth form or college (as well as English and Maths) but also try in Geography (like going to revision sessions your school might run). If it becomes too stressful and it starts affecting other subjects you can probably drop it. I don't think it will be that stressful as I did RS and Geography last year (and I had friends who also did History) and these were the least stressful. What is it about Geography that you struggle in?
    Thank you! In general i find it really hard to learn multiple case studies for 12 topics in geography, alongside actuallyy answering the test!!!

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it. I take 4 humanities, Classical Civilisation, Religious Education, Geography and History. For the case studies in geography I always try and make things bright and colourful such as revision cards with key facts, posters. I also record myself reading out my work so I can listen to it later. If you find answering the questions hard try to get lots of practise in exam papers available from the exam board.
    If you complete the exam papers you can give them to your teacher to mark which helps you understand what the question is asking and where (if you had) gone wrong.
    Always remember with the humanities to keep organised.
    Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    The easiest thing is to memories the case studies the night before. However if you struggle with it then you can make facts up (as long as you have a rough idea of where it is and what happened). Every school does different case studies so the examiner won't check your exact figures as long as they aren't completely unrealistic.

(Original post by Student232)
    The easiest thing is to memories the case studies the night before. However if you struggle with it then you can make facts up (as long as you have a rough idea of where it is and what happened). Every school does different case studies so the examiner won't check your exact figures as long as they aren't completely unrealistic.
    That's what I did .. Well that's I did for most of my exams in year 10. I guess it worked :P JK don't do that. I recommend just learning the case studies as well the night before.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.