Turn on thread page Beta

Batman Arkham Knight OR The Witcher 3 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am planning on buying a new PS4 game, but I can only buy one. So far my two choices are batman AK and The Witcher 3. However, I just can't decide between them. If anyone has played any of these games can you tell me whether it is good in terms of story and gameplay etc.

ReputationRep:
    I completed arkham knight recently and it's really good in terms of both story and game-play, although if you haven't played the previous 2 arkham games you're gonna have a bad time.

Never played the witcher, looks good as well though. I imagine that as the witcher is an rpg you'll probably get more play time out of it than you would out of providing that you get into it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    I completed arkham knight recently and it's really good in terms of both story and game-play, although if you haven't played the previous 2 arkham games you're gonna have a bad time.

Never played the witcher, looks good as well though. I imagine that as the witcher is an rpg you'll probably get more play time out of it than you would out of providing that you get into it.
    Would you say that Batman Arkham Knight is the best Batman game in the trilogy?

ReputationRep:

How come?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeadEnd_96)
    Would you say that Batman Arkham Knight is the best Batman game in the trilogy?
    In terms of gameplay and the world design yah, in terms of story I think City might be a tad better. Overall it's the best one IMO.

(Original post by Hashim123)
    How come?
    How come to which point?

ReputationRep:
    In terms of gameplay and the world design yah, in terms of story I think City might be a tad better. Overall it's the best one IMO.

How come to which point?
    Sorry, mind was so blank posting that. :laugh: How come you won't enjoy Arkham Knight without having played the other two? Is the story a huge part?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hashim123)
    Sorry, mind was so blank posting that. :laugh: How come you won't enjoy Arkham Knight without having played the other two? Is the story a huge part?
    The story's a pretty major thing, yeah.

There's one really important plot point in Knight that requires you to have played Akrham City at least, and Arkham City has a major plot point or two that requires you to have played Asylum, so it's best that you play them in order. Also the games (to me at least) seem to get progressively harder and the tutorials get less detailed so it's better to play them in order for the sake of having an easier time as well as getting decent enjoyment from the story.

You can safely skip Arkham Origins without losing anything major though, there's just a couple of unimportant references to that game. Origins is the worst one in all aspects anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeadEnd_96)
    I am planning on buying a new PS4 game, but I can only buy one. So far my two choices are batman AK and The Witcher 3. However, I just can't decide between them. If anyone has played any of these games can you tell me whether it is good in terms of story and gameplay etc.
    Batman is the best. it has amazing graphics and i loving it also i live witcher 3 but i like batman more :P. but both of them are good tbh.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 20, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.