Turn on thread page Beta

Confused about the composition unit of music GCSE! watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am just starting the composition section of the Music GCSE and I am confused as to how I go about it. I play acoustic guitar and sing (I did Beam Me Up by Pink for my solo performance. Not sure why I chose that song, I don't like it much, but I did well on it so oh well). My first question is about writing the guitar piece. I usually play using chords, not tab and I'm not sure how they expect me to write that. Do I just write the chords above the lyrics in place or is it more complicated than that? - if that makes sense. I'm also unsure about what actually gets me more marks. What makes the piece better? Any other advice to do with this would be greatly appreciated, thanks x

ReputationRep:
    Chords above the lyrics should be fine. Any chance you could write out the melody? Are you doing a recording?

Good luck.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 9, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.