Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well I watched the whole debate on Tax Credits because I am a boring git. It seems 70% of back bench Tories who where visible during the debate are against the Tax Credit cuts.

I impressed with Conservative MP Heidi Allen. Not only is she extremely good looking but she is extremely articulate and has the right moral attitude towards society. The Tory front bench was literally cringing when she was speaking. I think she should be PM rather than Cameron..

Click here for her speech.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34577535

To the Conservatives shame though some of their members where laughing while members of the opposition where giving heart felt plea to reverse the cuts on tax credits.

Click here to see what I am talking about.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...debate-6669781

Edward Leigh made a decent intervention and said something along the lines of it "might be worth" "tweaking" child tax credit to try and soften the blow.

Source: BT.com
    http://home.bt.com/news/uk-news/mini...11364011740737

Today I saw a minority in the Conservative party full of people who honestly cared about protecting those who work who where at the debate from start to finish but I also saw a Conservative party that had nothing but cold comments for low earners.

Tories for the Tax Credits cuts talk about balancing the books. Well who is paying for the balancing of the books? Its not the people with the broadest shoulders it is the poorest in society.

I'm proud of what the compassionate Conservatives did today. They made a stand against the Conservative front bench. I will try not to treat all Tories the same anymore. There are some decent human beings within the Tories and I respect them.

ReputationRep:
    Good write up. Also thought that laughing was totally uncalled for.

This lords motion should be interesting to follow next week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illegaltobepoor)
    Today I saw a minority in the Conservative party full of people who honestly cared about protecting those who work who where at the debate from start to finish but I also saw a Conservative party that had nothing but cold comments for low earners.

Tories for the Tax Credits cuts talk about balancing the books. Well who is paying for the balancing of the books? Its not the people with the broadest shoulders it is the poorest in society.

I'm proud of what the compassionate Conservatives did today. They made a stand against the Conservative front bench. I will try not to treat all Tories the same anymore. There are some decent human beings within the Tories and I respect them.
    You've been mistaken, illegaltobepoor; they're only rebelling because they're afraid of loosing their seat and ungodly salary and benefits at the next election. They're Tory, after all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
    You've been mistaken, illegaltobepoor; they're only rebelling because they're afraid of loosing their seat and ungodly salary and benefits at the next election. They're Tory, after all.
    I don't know. I think there where some genuine words. I could be wrong though.

ReputationRep:
    When a Tory speaks out against this they are standing up for the poor in society. When Corbyn does it he is a raging Marxist.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    When a Tory speaks out against this they are standing up for the poor in society. When Corbyn does it he is a raging Marxist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Corbyn is a Marxist because he expresses marxist values and has a Marxist shadow chancellor. When he stands up for the poor it is from a far left position.

When a Tory speaks out against this they are standing up for the poor in society from a center/center right position.

You seem to have this idea that helping the poor=left, helping the rich=right. Not so. Look at the left stance on;
    Immigration
    Tax (their policy to tax the lower and middle classes whilst allowing big companies to pay no tax)
    Housing (the Tories don't build enough but the left are even worse and combine this with immigration)
    I could go on. My point is that it is possible to stand up for the poor without being a terrorist loving Marxist but do so from a sensible, center/center right position.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i<3milkshake)
    Corbyn is a Marxist because he expresses marxist values and has a Marxist shadow chancellor. When he stands up for the poor it is from a far left position.

When a Tory speaks out against this they are standing up for the poor in society from a center/center right position.

You seem to have this idea that helping the poor=left, helping the rich=right. Not so. Look at the left stance on;
    Immigration
    Tax (their policy to tax the lower and middle classes whilst allowing big companies to pay no tax)
    Housing (the Tories don't build enough but the left are even worse and combine this with immigration)
    I could go on. My point is that it is possible to stand up for the poor without being a terrorist loving Marxist but do so from a sensible, center/center right position.
    I do not think Cameron is a ceterist he is not quite far right but to far right to be centerist

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.