Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

boyfriend's brother's girlfriend is stalking me watch

Announcements

If I don't talk this through with somebody I'm going to go crazy! for a few years now she has copied most of my clothes from seeing what I'm wearing on pictures and then thought I wouldn't notice. She doesn't follow me on social media sites but she does look on a daily basis because I am always getting 'so and so likes your photo' or 'so and so favourites your tweet' and then quickly undoing it. shes even gone as far as accidentally liking family members photos, and i mean like, sisters in laws work place, brothers and mums photos.
    For a long time i've tried to shrug it off but makes my anxiety off the scale when i think about somebody stalking me like that. There are so many things in the past which are unforgivable that she has done, by logging into my facebook and reading my messages to my boyfriend and friends. Bearing in mind that whenever I see this girl at family do's, she doesnt even say hello.
    and advice to make me feel better about this is welcome because i've had enough.
    i dont look at her social media accounts as there is nothing that interests me but my boyfriend see's things and says, jesus she looks like you or, you have that coat or them shoes or that top etc. within 12 hours of me and my parter moving out, they had a house viewing and moved into the dingiest little flat just because she was jealous and desperate to move out.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Why does she know your Facebook password / how is she able to log into your Facebook?

(Original post by OU Student)
    Why does she know your Facebook password / how is she able to log into your Facebook?
    I left my Facebook logged in on my boyfriends shared computer (he shared a room with his twin) And she was at the house. I was sending messages to friends and my bf at the time and they all kept being read before I had read them. I asked bf if he had read them but he said no and that she was on the computer upstairs where I was logged in. He went up and there she was on my Facebook account!

ReputationRep:
    Weird and unsettling.
    If its any consolation, there was a guy who I was very friendly with a few years ago whose sister would stalk me in a bad way (as opposed to the shy but interested/wants to know me way). She would do weird things like going on his facebook read our messages then talk to me pretending to be him and be a **** - that itself didn't really do much damage as she wrote very differently to him so it was pretty easy to spot. In another instance she would randomly message me out of the blue asking questions that were not inappropriate, but improper and intrusive given our rather hostile history. She also went trough his phone, read our private messages and would send me messages talking about what me and him had sent to each other. She had often been the cause of tensions between me and him blocking any friendship/relationship from progressing and eventually engineering a huge row after which I never spoke to him again. This was almost four years ago - a few months ago she started viewing my linkedin profile, even though if she wanted to be discreet there is an option to do that anonymously.
    Hope that little story makes you feel better. Either way, I get the whole strange stalker thing.

Try to ignore it, and if you see her go to the effort to be the better person and be so pleasant its sickly, in case she has an issue with you. There's no excuse for going through your facebook level of nosiness and intrusiveness, but with the other stuff she might just be the bored and nosy type who either doesn't realize 'hey it might be a bit odd liking this' or accidentally pushes a like/favorite button if using a touchscreen phone then thinks 'oh ****' and genuinely means nothing by it. Nothing brings out everyone's creepy inner stalker like social media, but I must admit she brings it to a rather odd level. Just make sure it doesn't affect your relationship with your boyfriend's family.

ReputationRep:
    Oh ****, I've heard of things like this where the person copying wants to assume your identity so eventually they'll copy everything about you, kill you and completely replace you in life

ReputationRep:
    Somehow my bull**** detector is tingling...
    If not, tell your bf and knock her ass out

(Original post by sleepygirl)
    Weird and unsettling.
    If its any consolation, there was a guy who I was very friendly with a few years ago whose sister would stalk me in a bad way (as opposed to the shy but interested/wants to know me way). She would do weird things like going on his facebook read our messages then talk to me pretending to be him and be a **** - that itself didn't really do much damage as she wrote very differently to him so it was pretty easy to spot. In another instance she would randomly message me out of the blue asking questions that were not inappropriate, but improper and intrusive given our rather hostile history. She also went trough his phone, read our private messages and would send me messages talking about what me and him had sent to each other. She had often been the cause of tensions between me and him blocking any friendship/relationship from progressing and eventually engineering a huge row after which I never spoke to him again. This was almost four years ago - a few months ago she started viewing my linkedin profile, even though if she wanted to be discreet there is an option to do that anonymously.
    Hope that little story makes you feel better. Either way, I get the whole strange stalker thing.

Try to ignore it, and if you see her go to the effort to be the better person and be so pleasant its sickly, in case she has an issue with you. There's no excuse for going through your facebook level of nosiness and intrusiveness, but with the other stuff she might just be the bored and nosy type who either doesn't realize 'hey it might be a bit odd liking this' or accidentally pushes a like/favorite button if using a touchscreen phone then thinks 'oh ****' and genuinely means nothing by it. Nothing brings out everyone's creepy inner stalker like social media, but I must admit she brings it to a rather odd level. Just make sure it doesn't affect your relationship with your boyfriend's family.
    'Weird and unsettling' are the exact words I've been looking for to describe this! That's an awful story though but I'm glad I'm not alone in this Hahahaha my mum is great at psychology and she explained to me that the reason she is being like this is because she has deeper issues with herself, she has low self esteem and no identity so she feels she has to take parts of other people to make a new identity which she can hide behind. Which makes perfect sense! And I am always nice to her, despite everything she has done (haven't even told you half) I am still nice as pie and very kind. Thanks for your advice, I'm trying to ignore it as much as I can now! X

(Original post by somemightsay888)
    Oh ****, I've heard of things like this where the person copying wants to assume your identity so eventually they'll copy everything about you, kill you and completely replace you in life
    With this girl, I wouldn't put it past her. I'll be reported missing soon just watch 😏

(Original post by Pungolini)
    Somehow my bull**** detector is tingling...
    If not, tell your bf and knock her ass out
    Bull**** detector for what? I'm trying to be as nice and calm as I can about it... Proving difficult because I'm genuinely scared haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    Well that's reassuring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    If I don't talk this through with somebody I'm going to go crazy! for a few years now she has copied most of my clothes from seeing what I'm wearing on pictures and then thought I wouldn't notice. She doesn't follow me on social media sites but she does look on a daily basis because I am always getting 'so and so likes your photo' or 'so and so favourites your tweet' and then quickly undoing it. shes even gone as far as accidentally liking family members photos, and i mean like, sisters in laws work place, brothers and mums photos.
    For a long time i've tried to shrug it off but makes my anxiety off the scale when i think about somebody stalking me like that. There are so many things in the past which are unforgivable that she has done, by logging into my facebook and reading my messages to my boyfriend and friends. Bearing in mind that whenever I see this girl at family do's, she doesnt even say hello.
    and advice to make me feel better about this is welcome because i've had enough.
    i dont look at her social media accounts as there is nothing that interests me but my boyfriend see's things and says, jesus she looks like you or, you have that coat or them shoes or that top etc. within 12 hours of me and my parter moving out, they had a house viewing and moved into the dingiest little flat just because she was jealous and desperate to move out.
    Honest truth is that she will be jealous of you. She'll be obsessed with you out of jealousy. Sounds so simple but that's why she's doing this, as if it's a competition and wants to out-do you with everything. I would recommend doing one of two things: try and actually talk to her and form a friendship or address it directly, but nicely, under the pretence of friendship, saying 'hey, I noticed you liked xyz, how about we connect on twitter/fb/ig/etc?' or 'that's SO FUNNY I seem to have that exact same coat, great minds think alike' to show her you're on to her. But in a nice way. You don't want to come across like a paranoid person to others. Be clever, but be civil.

(Original post by FoggyTeacup)
    Honest truth is that she will be jealous of you. She'll be obsessed with you out of jealousy. Sounds so simple but that's why she's doing this, as if it's a competition and wants to out-do you with everything. I would recommend doing one of two things: try and actually talk to her and form a friendship or address it directly, but nicely, under the pretence of friendship, saying 'hey, I noticed you liked xyz, how about we connect on twitter/fb/ig/etc?' or 'that's SO FUNNY I seem to have that exact same coat, great minds think alike' to show her you're on to her. But in a nice way. You don't want to come across like a paranoid person to others. Be clever, but be civil.
    That's great advice thank you! I figured the whole jealousy thing right away although the last thing I want to do is make her jealous on purpose as it isn't the right way I want to go about things. I do speak when I see her and I think it would be good to have a friendship I just don't think she would want to. Thank you for the advice I'll see if I can make some changes xx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 3, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.