Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Will my C prediction ruin my chances of University Offers? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently taking Psychology, Biology and Business Studies at AS and unfortunately didn't get the grades I wanted out of my AS Exams, despite working hard (I ended the year with ACD but was aiming to finish with BBB)

I'm looking at applying for Business Management in University as an Undergraduate course, typically offers being BBB-AAB in the universities I want to apply for.

My predictions for Business is an A and Psychology is an A/B, however, despite working hard this term to try and build myself up from a D in Biology last year by studying hard, doing extra work and attending extra one to one sessions with my Biology teacher every week, my teachers wont up my predicted grade from a C to a B so that I have a shot at atleast being offered a place at university.

I just wondered how much this will affect my chances of a placement offer? I'm working so hard to get my teachers to up my predicted grade and prove I can do better but I only have 2 weeks left before my UCAS application is being submitted with my references and predicted grades attached

ReputationRep:
    Whether it'll affect your chances comes down to the individual reviewing your application and how popular the course is at that university.

If lots of people are fighting over spots it may affect it, if its a course than doesn't often fill up you may still be given an offer to just beat your predictions.

However you will find that Universities are just businesses themselves, if you find you aren't offered a place, ring up the university and ask to speak to someone about what you can do, this will almost always be the head of that faculty.

Negotiation works, my A levels were far below what I was predicted and I failed my offer, after ringing they offered me a Foundation Degree with the agreement that if I pass they will allow me on to the full course next year.

Explain the situation completely to your teacher but if they refuse to change the grade do not worry too much!
    Universities are just as interested in your money as you are in their education.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 20, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.