Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if i can switch to medicine after i get into pharmacy
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Ethan"Over1300)
    No. If you want to study medicine, apply for medicine.

(Original post by Ethan"Over1300)
    No. And for good reason too -- why should medical schools allow people to bypass the competition for medicine by letting them apply to a less competitive course and then letting them transfer?

ReputationRep:
    The amount of scumbags who do this, it completely trivializes the degree of pharmacy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal)
    The amount of scumbags who do this, it completely trivializes the degree of pharmacy.
    Wouldn't really refer to them as scumbags.. I think both degrees are perfectly respectable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahmed766)
    Woudln't really refer to them as scumbags.. I think both degrees are perfectly respectable.
    Both are good degrees, applying for something you don't want to do because you don't think you will make it through the application process but want to switch later is low and takes places from people actually motivated to study a pharmacy degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal)
    Both are good degrees, applying for something you don't want to do because you don't think you will make it through the application process but want to switch later is low and takes places from people actually motivated to study a pharmacy degree.
    If they're motivated to study pharmacy then I assure you that they will try their best to achieve the top grades to study pharmacy. That's how the world works, those with what it takes are chosen over those without it regardless of their motives. Although that's not fair, it's the same for medicine a lot of people want to study it because they think being a doctor will make them cool or they want to be respected because of it. I think that's wrong but it still doesn't stop them from being picked.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 20, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.