Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I am an Indian Student with a 9.68 CGPA out of 10 in LLB (I am in the 9th semester right now) from Amity Law School, Amity University Uttar Pradesh.
    I am applying for the 2016-2017 LLM course.
    I would be obliged if someone can help me with the following:

1. Does it make a difference if my LLB is from a private university and not a government college?
    2. Does the college selection make a difference with regards to admission?
    3. What college would you suggest from your experience?
    4. Are there some colleges where getting an admission is comparatively easier than the others?
    5. Anything else that you think is important and I should know.

Thank you for the help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikita.tanwar)
    1. Does it make a difference if my LLB is from a private university and not a government college?
    That depends on how accreditation is handled in your country.

2. Does the college selection make a difference with regards to admission?
    Of course. It's much more difficult to get into Oxford/Cambridge than Sunderland, for example.

3. What college would you suggest from your experience?
    This is something you're going to have to research yourself. Different law schools will offer different course structures, different courses, different specializations, have different members of faculty who will teach/supervise different classes, etc.

4. Are there some colleges where getting an admission is comparatively easier than the others?
    See above.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 23, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.