Turn on thread page Beta

Gcse modern world hisotry coursework quotes watch

ReputationRep:
    I have the question :Was Lenin important in the consolidation of power in Russia. We need quotes to use to answer, I am struggling to find quotes, could anyone help me.

I need quotes in the following areas:

-Prepared to change economical policy(NEP)
    -Ending WW1
    -land for peasants (pragmatic)
    -defeating whites (ruthless)
    -cheka(ruthless)
    -ending constuit assembly
    -Showed Bolshevik ideas via new laws

I am really struggling please can I get help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChappyBoy)
    I have the question :Was Lenin important in the consolidation of power in Russia. We need quotes to use to answer, I am struggling to find quotes, could anyone help me.

I need quotes in the following areas:

-Prepared to change economical policy(NEP)
    -Ending WW1
    -land for peasants (pragmatic)
    -defeating whites (ruthless)
    -cheka(ruthless)
    -ending constuit assembly
    -Showed Bolshevik ideas via new laws

I am really struggling please can I get help.
    You need quotes for History? Are you sure about this?

I get it using the odd quote said by a prominent person (e.g. Hitler) here and there which really well summarises your argument or goes completely against it, but really you don't need it. Unless your teacher has specifically asked to do it, don't do it.

ReputationRep:
    the teacher specifically told us to find quotes that supported each section of our essays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChappyBoy)
    the teacher specifically told us to find quotes that supported each section of our essays.
    Hmmm...

That's pretty ridiculous if you ask me. If it's a question set by the teacher and isn't against a mark scheme, then just google it! But if it's a question from a past GCSE/A-level paper - don't bother. Nowhere in the mark scheme does it say use quotes, this isn't an English Lit/Lang exam.

ReputationRep:
    There`s 3 pieces of coursework, the first one we need to find quotes we have been explicitly told to use quotes. we have done practise coursework and in the mark scheme they have to use information form different source, we got told to use quotes. Those of us that didn't bother received few marks.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 31, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.