Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

HELP! LNAT and choice of universities watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    1 19 minutes ago Report post
    Hi,i am predicted 3 As at a level and my top choices so far are: Bristol,Birmingham,Exeter,Manche ster and Reading/Cardiff/Southampton.However,i am dreading the LNAT exam which i need to pass in order to get into Bristol or Birmingham so am thinking about applying elsewhere instead to a northern university.I need some advice on which is the best: Sheffield,York(maybe as its very high entry requirements and competitive_,Manchester,Newcastl e or Leeds.In terms of not only the most prestigious university but also the area,distance,nightlife,job prospects etc....
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    if you are predicted AAA then as long as you achieve that you should be fine. i did the LNAT and the unis that required it that i applied to were birmingham and nottingham. i got rejected from nottingham but that was probably purely because they asked for A*AA and i had AAB.

i think i got 23 in the questions part which was a little above average. quite a few people i speak to in birmingham didnt even do the LNAT as they went either through clearing or changed course after being accepted. the unis that you list will not get too fussy with the LNAT as long as you get the AAA.

and as i said, for birmingham, they probably don't even look at it, which i found a bit of a piss take given the time and money i spent preparing and doing the test.

ReputationRep:
    I did the LNAT yesterday and there's honestly nothing to dread. I revised for weeks and weeks beforehand and the best thing you can do is plan essays and practice typing within the time limit- they're probably the only skills I applied in the exam. I also live in Sheffield and would recommend it; the Uni is good and I love the city.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 21, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.