Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I'm looking to apply for teacher training next week for 2016 entry, but I struggle when it comes to references. I can use an employer (but they have nothing to do with teaching) and I left university about 6 years ago so would struggle to get one from a lecturer. My boyfriend's parent is a university lecturer, and while I know it says no family/friends etc, would this count in that criteria?

    I would be grateful for any help/suggestions, as this has put me off applying previously as I think without relevant references my application would be rejected.

    Many thanks

    I'm pretty sure that most say you only need an academic reference if you left uni in the last 5 years.

    How about the headteacher at a school you've done work experience at?
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.