Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Careers watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I chose A level Chemistry, Biology, History and Psychology but I don't know what I want to do...I don't think I want to do anything medicine related and I don't know if many uni's will accept this combination of subjects....
    Please tell me what courses uni's would allow me to do with this subject combination and what careers I could hope to be from this, I would really appreciate it

ReputationRep:
    At school we have a website called Higher ideas which you basically enter your a level subjects and it gives you possible career options with them? I think you have to pay but I could always enter your subjects tomorrow at school in my free and take a photo of what you could take or something like that? It's really useful as it helped me a lot. I'm taking Biology, History and English Literature. It tells you what you could do and then you click on the job and it tells you what qualifications you need etc. and then it gives you a list of universities which offer the courses. I know seeing as you don't have access to it it may not help fully but it could give you an idea if I have a look?? I don't know but message me if you want!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie135)
    I chose A level Chemistry, Biology, History and Psychology but I don't know what I want to do...I don't think I want to do anything medicine related and I don't know if many uni's will accept this combination of subjects....
    Please tell me what courses uni's would allow me to do with this subject combination and what careers I could hope to be from this, I would really appreciate it
    If you enter your subjects into this website it'll suggest degrees for you
    http://www.bestcourse4me.com/explore/

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    Please, that would be really helpful!! thank you so much
    thanks for replying to the thread!!
    (Original post by kguttridge)
    At school we have a website called Higher ideas which you basically enter your a level subjects and it gives you possible career options with them? I think you have to pay but I could always enter your subjects tomorrow at school in my free and take a photo of what you could take or something like that? It's really useful as it helped me a lot. I'm taking Biology, History and English Literature. It tells you what you could do and then you click on the job and it tells you what qualifications you need etc. and then it gives you a list of universities which offer the courses. I know seeing as you don't have access to it it may not help fully but it could give you an idea if I have a look?? I don't know but message me if you want!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, this was really helpful! the website was nice and easy to use too ^_^
    (Original post by emiloujess)
    If you enter your subjects into this website it'll suggest degrees for you
    http://www.bestcourse4me.com/explore/

Hope this helps!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 21, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.