Place Confirmation Watch

This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Hi everyone, this isn't really an important question but it's one I've been thinking about for a while.

What exactly happens when our places are either confirmed or rejected? What will it say on the UCAS website? And what exactly do they say when we phone up our chosen university? Would the conversation go something like this?

Student: hello? My name's John Doe, how did I do?
University: one moment please...
University: right now, we've decided not to accept you
Student: ok right...
Student: are there any other courses I can do?
University: let me just check the computer...
University: yes, you can do Marine Biology and Sport Studies
Student: I don't really want that course, but I want this university
Student: isn't there anything else?
University: no
Student: ok I'll take that one, bye
University: bye, see you October

Anyway, if anyone's gone through this process before, please could you explain what happens? Thanks
Rich
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
Hi everyone, this isn't really an important question but it's one I've been thinking about for a while.

What exactly happens when our places are either confirmed or rejected? What will it say on the UCAS website? And what exactly do they say when we phone up our chosen university? Would the conversation go something like this?

Anyway, if anyone's gone through this process before, please could you explain what happens? Thanks
If you make your firm or insurance offer, then there's not really much you have to do except for fill in a little slip which UCAS sends you and send it off I think. Your university will then probably send you further information and forms to fill in etc.

If you don't make your firm or insurance offer, then there's a chance, the magnitude of which depends on the university, course and by how much you missed the offers, that either your firm or insurance offer may take you anyway. Otherwise you must partake in clearing or reapply next year.

Clearing is explained completely here.

If clearing results in you finding a university and course then I think it proceeds as if it were one of your original offers, i.e. you get a slip to fill in etc. to confirm your acceptance and then they send you further details and forms.

You should have also got by now (or should receive very soon) a letter from UCAS which explains everything about meeting offers, not meeting offers, clearing and all other related stuff.

Hope this helps,
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)

HAHA!! thats hilarious
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (90)
20%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (181)
40.22%
Nope, not that interesting (179)
39.78%

Watched Threads