Turn on thread page Beta

Weird question watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Okay, my dad likes to wind me up by pulling me off the couch when he's lying on the floor. It doesn't hurt me, just mildly annoying. But anyway, a while ago I figured out that if he grabbed my leg, I could lock my arms against the couch, and with very little effort, make it very difficult to pull me off the couch. Tonight, he had my arm, and so I pushed my legs against the arm, and pushed my shoulders into the couch, again, making it difficult for him. Like, I become impossible to move. Seriously. Dad uses his whole weight, and I stay on the couch. I'm 5'10" and about 9 1/2 stone, dad's 6'1", and somewhere between 11 and 13 stone. He should be able to move me but can't. Why? I don't get it. Like I figired this out when I was 12 and underweight.
    (I'm also 17 and female)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what you're going on about

ReputationRep:
    I often ponder this specific existential matter, but then I stop and remember that Bush did 9/11.

ReputationRep:
    This level of rough and tumble between a 17 year old girl and her father makes me uncomfortable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    This level of rough and tumble between a 17 year old girl and her father makes me uncomfortable.
    Quickly, arrest the OP'S father for having fun. Political correctness for the win!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icantfeelmyface)
    Quickly, arrest the OP'S father for having fun. Political correctness for the win!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Pheonixfeather3)
    Why?Posted from TSR Mobile

Perhaps it's my Britishness, or perhaps it's the latent sexual tension between my father and I, but it just seems weird to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saint Etienne)
    I have no idea what you're going on about
    Yeah, fair enough. I think I just wedge myself into the couch.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    urmmm physics?

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps it's my Britishness, or perhaps it's the latent sexual tension between my father and I, but it just seems weird to me.
    ... I'm British too. It's not weird, it's just my dad being a fanny. But that's fair enough mate

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    urmmm physics?
    But what physics though O.o

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheonixfeather3)
    But what physics though O.o

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hmmm well when you hold the couch, you provide more force opposing your dad's force so making it harder for him to pull you off than if you were just laying there...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    hmmm well when you hold the couch, you provide more force opposing your dad's force so making it harder for him to pull you off than if you were just laying there...
    That makes sense

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.