Turn on thread page Beta

picture of me in my local newspaper without my discretion but to do? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i just came across the other day a picture of myself in a section in my local newspaper about my old school, and there was a picture of me on a level results day in 2003, i do not know how enough that came on there in that newspaper but i was not aware of it, what shall i do shall i contact the newspaper

ReputationRep:
    You remember Charlie Hebdo?

ReputationRep:
    Surely it doesn't have too much effect on your life 12 years later?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peedie pixie)
    Surely it doesn't have too much effect on your life 12 years later?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yes it does because it is not ethical to print a photo of someone without there knowledge , how did a photo of me getting my a levels appear in a paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethanie sands)
    yes it does because it is not ethical to print a photo of someone without there knowledge , how did a photo of me getting my a levels appear in a paper
    Don't worry the paparazzi won't come knocking on your door any time soon.

Loads of people get their pictures taken without prior notice, if you want it taken down, then by all means contact your local papers and see what they can do.

But I can guarantee that it won't affect your social life, in any way.

ReputationRep:
    why do you care..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh ooo)
    Don't worry the paparazzi won't come knocking on your door any time soon.

Loads of people get their pictures taken without prior notice, if you want it taken down, then by all means contact your local papers and see what they can do.

But I can guarantee that it won't affect your social life, in any way.
    know i think it might have been taken when i got the a levels in 2003 by the local newspapers i leave it, i think i was after 12 years to see

ReputationRep:
    If this picture was taken at college then they probably have the rights over the picture since you allowed it to be taken (im assuming you must have unless its a moving shot of some sort)
    You can get in touch but be prepared for them to just ignore you, newspapers arent exactly known for being nice to people who have complaints
    Good luck anyways

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.