Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How do you get to sleep knowing you might not wake up? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ive been having sleeping issue lately and think i have death phobia, sometime have panic attacks about death

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElectronDonor)
    Ive been having sleeping issue lately and think i have death phobia, sometime have panic attacks about death
    Sometimes this happens to me. I try to think about all the bad things going on in my life right now and why I would rather be dead.

ReputationRep:
    If I'm gonna die in my sleep I'm gonna die in my sleep...... worrying all evening about it will not change the outcome. No point wasting time worrying about something I can't change. That's how I try and think about it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Pray before i go to sleep. Wouldn't mind dying in my sleep

ReputationRep:
    I donate my electrons
    On a serious note i just sleep and hope i wake up

(Original post by ElectronDonor)
    If you go to sleep and then not wake up again, its not really gonna bother you is it. Being dead is exactly the same as the way you were before you were born. I dont remember that being too bad. Certainly nothing that bothers me anyway.

ReputationRep:
    There are worse ways one can die.

ReputationRep:
    Every night you have slept in your entire life there is always the possibility of not waking up, and it's the same with everyone. However you probably have a better chance at winning the lottery

ReputationRep:
    listening to music helps
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I don't fear death at all. I will know **** all in regards to what's happening if I'm dead, so there's nothing to fear.

ReputationRep:
    try to occupy yourself before you go to bed. like read a book until you can barely keep your eyes open, it may help you take your mind off it and you should fall asleep easier.

One has to live with uncertainty. Plus, sleep provides an escape from life. It's really the only thing, other than death, where you can just be unconscious and forget everything (or have a nice dream ).

ReputationRep:
    You can die in your sleep, you can die washing sheets, you can die eating treats. You can die at any time tbh, but letting that kind of fear control you is not what life is about.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    sleep is a good way to die tbh, i rather that then any other alternatives

I sometimes go to sleep with the hope that I'll die

Tbh, I just get so tired that I just fall asleep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JW22)
    Every night you have slept in your entire life there is always the possibility of not waking up, and it's the same with everyone. However you probably have a better chance at winning the lottery
    If you live 70 years, that's only 25,550 days, or 'sleeps'.

You're far more likely to die within 10 minutes of going to sleep tonight, than you are to win the lottery in your lifetime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a noble chance)
    Christ almighty
    Did I say something wrong?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.