Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Don't want to go to hospital again watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Basically, my mental health is really deteriorating, specifically my depression and I can no longer trust myself to keep myself safe.

I'm scared that if I tell my support worker the real extent of my thoughts(and plans) that I'll be told to go to hospital once again. I really don't want that to happen, I don't know what to do.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    There are alternatives like crisis team, or, depending on your area, crisis houses.

Even if you are scared to say, you really should try so they can keep you safe.

I know you can do it :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'absurde)
    Basically, my mental health is really deteriorating, specifically my depression and I can no longer trust myself to keep myself safe.

I'm scared that if I tell my support worker the real extent of my thoughts(and plans) that I'll be told to go to hospital once again. I really don't want that to happen, I don't know what to do.
    You need to tell your support worker. He/she is there to help. You need urgent help, and as horrible as it is, a hospital may be the best place for you. If you feel you can't keep yourself safe, it is better that you go to an inpatient unit than end up harming or killing yourself.

You may not need to go to hospital. Your support worker is best placed to advise you. You need to tell your support worker, who will be able to help you get more support and just listen to you. You have nothing to fear from your support worker. They will discuss everything with you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katty3)
    You need to tell your support worker. He/she is there to help. You need urgent help, and as horrible as it is, a hospital may be the best place for you. If you feel you can't keep yourself safe, it is better that you go to an inpatient unit than end up harming or killing yourself.

You may not need to go to hospital. Your support worker is best placed to advise you. You need to tell your support worker, who will be able to help you get more support and just listen to you. You have nothing to fear from your support worker. They will discuss everything with you.

You will be OK.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not sure why I quoted myself above. Ignore second post as it's a duplicate of the first!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    There are alternatives like crisis team, or, depending on your area, crisis houses.

Even if you are scared to say, you really should try so they can keep you safe.

I know you can do it :hugs:
    (Original post by Katty3)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, and I've spoken to her, she was really supportive and gave good advice, After talking to her I felt better, she gave me a bit of hope to keep on going. Things aren't great, but it can always get better.

Thanks to the both of you for your replies! ^_^

ReputationRep:
    What you are feeling is natural.

Talk to your parents/carers first let them know how you feel. If you cannot deal with the matter at hand, request your family to aid your queries to a support worker.

Oh and it is good you are aware of your condition and accepting help. That is the first step.

Many who are mentally unwell are not fully aware of their conditions.

ReputationRep:

I've been a psych inpatient three times. It isn't ideal, but if you reach a certain stage, it's inevitable. However, you can work with your team and remain as an outpatient, as long as you are 100% honest. They will realise eventually that you aren't coping, it's better to tell them yourself. Good luck x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by affluentmakaveli)
    What you are feeling is natural.

Talk to your parents/carers first let them know how you feel. If you cannot deal with the matter at hand, request your family to aid your queries to a support worker.

Oh and it is good you are aware of your condition and accepting help. That is the first step.

Many who are mentally unwell are not fully aware of their conditions.
    (Original post by emmaskrey)
    I've been a psych inpatient three times. It isn't ideal, but if you reach a certain stage, it's inevitable. However, you can work with your team and remain as an outpatient, as long as you are 100% honest. They will realise eventually that you aren't coping, it's better to tell them yourself. Good luck x
    True, true. And thanks! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    True, true. And thanks! :hugs:
    No problem.

ReputationRep:
    I know how you're feeling. I've been admitted two times, spent my 15th and 16th birthday there. When I'm feeling depressed what I do is I try to do something I enjoy, and list all the positive things in my life, however small and insignificant they may be. Whenever I feel like giving up I remember my days when I was an inpatient and how far I've come and I am so grateful to be sleeping in my own bed, with no one watching me 24/7, no threats of injections if I don't take my medication, no fed up cooped up teenagers screaming and kicking off all around me, and who can blame them.
    You've said you don't want to go in again, so don't. At the end of the day the only person who can really help you is yourself.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 24, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.