Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello
    I need some help with my grammar for my personal statement . I am writing that I would like the opportunity to explore further areas of science such as chemistry , neuroscience and genetics . Do chemistry neuroscience and genetics need capital letters?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lfcrules)
    Hello
    I need some help with my grammar for my personal statement . I am writing that I would like the opportunity to explore further areas of science such as chemistry , neuroscience and genetics . Do chemistry neuroscience and genetics need capital letters?
    Surely They Do

ReputationRep:
    No, they do not

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lascelles)
    No, they do not

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are there any rules for that? I thought at least Chemistry would have to start with a capital letter

ReputationRep:
    When it comes to academic subjects, only languages need capital letters.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lascelles)
    When it comes to academic subjects, only languages need capital letters.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmm, I hope that's not to emphasise the importance of Languages over the Sciences

ReputationRep:
    No, it's because it's referring to a country and is a proper noun.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Either/or is my area of science only names or geographical locations are capitalised generally. But in your case it wouldn't be wrong to and it wouldn't be not wrong to.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.