The Student Room Group

Chocolate malt centred balls beginning with M cake

To make it you will need:

100g margarine
6 tbsps syrup
250g cooking chocolate
200g crushed digestive biscuits
200g crushed chocolate malt centred balls beginning with M

Melt margarine and syrup and chocolate over heat. When it's all melted, take off the heat and add crushed biscuits and "chocolate malt centred balls beginning with m", mix really well. Spread into a lined greased swiss roll tin. Chill in the fridge then cut up into small squares. Keep refridgerated.

This can also be frozen.

stolen from Edith (radio 1)

I tried making these today although i didnt use enough Malteasers (25g short). It tastes brilliant and would recommend it to anyone. I want to eat more of it but i know i shouldn't, im just going to have to bring it into work tomorrow to stop me.
Reply 1
Sounds lovely. Will have to wait until Lent is over though :biggrin:
Reply 2
Maltesers?
Reply 3
yup
Golden syrup? Sounds delicious, think I will make it for my family over easter when I'm at home in a nice big kitchen instead of the poky one I have at uni.
Reply 5
Hixxy
yup

Why can't you say it? :s-smilie:
Reply 6
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm Maltesers

Calling them that almost makes them seem mysterious and naughty!! :biggrin:

BTW, Chocolate is on telly tonight at 9.25pm (BBC 2 I think) - does anyone else love it? So much chocolate, and it's about lent so is seasonal too!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 7
love2learn
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm Maltesers

Calling them that almost makes them seem mysterious and naughty!! :biggrin:

BTW, Chocolate is on telly tonight at 9.25pm (BBC 2 I think) - does anyone else love it? So much chocolate, and it's about lent so is seasonal too!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Chocolat....aka Johnny Depp is F.I.T.!! :biggrin:
Reply 8
:rofl: Makes sense!
:ditto: Here's a real Malteser cake, courtesy of Nigella Lawson's Feast :p:
This one's from a while back though - I think I've made better since!
loser88
Chocolat....aka Johnny Depp is F.I.T.!! :biggrin:

exactly :wink:

Chocolate and Jonny Depp in one film with gorgeous french accents :cool: :biggrin:
:wink: :wink:

And he plays the guitar too - it's just the most perfect film!!
Reply 11
love2learn
exactly :wink:

Chocolate and Jonny Depp in one film with gorgeous french accents :cool: :biggrin:
:wink: :wink:

And he plays the guitar too - it's just the most perfect film!!

Indeed :coma:
Reply 12
"say Maltesers dumbass" -neg rep

someone lacks some humour, i would have thought Maltesers would have been easy to guess.
Reply 13
There ye go, another gem to thank you for the recipe...mmm can't wait to try it out! :smile:

Latest