Turn on thread page Beta

BEng Computer Science/Software Engineering watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    At the start of the year, i was like "yeah i wanna do computer science with software engineering at uni". Everything was fine and i was looking forward to going to UNI in september until last night when I was having a look at the course specification/syllabus. The course just looks boring and i dont think that i'll find it interesting at all. Is there anyone that does computer science/software engineering that would like to give me a bit of info about the course and the kinda jobs that will be available to me after the course?

ReputationRep:
    depends on uni, depends on the course, there are nearly 100 unis that have computer science courses and in 100 different names and different specifications.......For a quick answer to your question the most likely job you'll get is programming for a company

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swatfa)
    depends on uni, depends on the course, there are nearly 100 unis that have computer science courses and in 100 different names and different specifications.......For a quick answer to your question the most likely job you'll get is programming for a company
    That's what put me off!! Knowing i'd spend the rest of my days behind a computer screen didn't really appeal to me, however much I love computers!

ReputationRep:
    I have just finished my first year doing computer science at Nottingham. I have no intention whatsoever of getting a job in this field - like you say, I just can't imagine myself sitting behind a computer screen my whole life. The reason I'm taking (and enjoying) the degree is because it is something I'm interested in learning more about.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.