BEng Computer Science/Software Engineering

Watch
This discussion is closed.
nofronting
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
At the start of the year, i was like "yeah i wanna do computer science with software engineering at uni". Everything was fine and i was looking forward to going to UNI in september until last night when I was having a look at the course specification/syllabus. The course just looks boring and i dont think that i'll find it interesting at all. Is there anyone that does computer science/software engineering that would like to give me a bit of info about the course and the kinda jobs that will be available to me after the course?
swatfa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
depends on uni, depends on the course, there are nearly 100 unis that have computer science courses and in 100 different names and different specifications.......For a quick answer to your question the most likely job you'll get is programming for a company
Surfing Hamster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by swatfa)
depends on uni, depends on the course, there are nearly 100 unis that have computer science courses and in 100 different names and different specifications.......For a quick answer to your question the most likely job you'll get is programming for a company
That's what put me off!! Knowing i'd spend the rest of my days behind a computer screen didn't really appeal to me, however much I love computers!
stu673
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I have just finished my first year doing computer science at Nottingham. I have no intention whatsoever of getting a job in this field - like you say, I just can't imagine myself sitting behind a computer screen my whole life. The reason I'm taking (and enjoying) the degree is because it is something I'm interested in learning more about.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (26)
8.02%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (23)
7.1%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (71)
21.91%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (40)
12.35%
No, nothing has changed (101)
31.17%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (63)
19.44%

Watched Threads