Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Am I likely to be accepted onto a Masters? Unrelated course. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    'Former Poly'? Get over it. Its an accredited Uni and you got a 2i - congratulations. Universities really aren't fussed over 'RG', 'Former Poly' and all that rubbish - so stop apologising for your Uni.

If you can show you have an understanding of Social Science concepts and methods then the 'different' subject shouldn't be an issue, though you may have to work/read a bit more in the first term of the Masters to get up to speed.

Assuming you can write a good PS and have two supportive references then getting a place probably wont be an issue. Its FUNDING that stops most people doing a Masters. There is no auto-funding for Social Science at postgrad in the UK, though each Uni may have funding for 1 or 2 places etc so get in touch with each Dept and ask about what funding available as often there is a Jan deadline. Malmo? I haven't got a clue how you would fund that - again ask the Uni how previous UK students financed it.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. In Sweden there are no fees for EU/EEA students.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.