Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I am currently struggling between the two programmes above.. personally love to study in a wider scope but i am slightly worried on whether it would be too demanding or too unfocused. anyone studying the programmes? would love to hear some advice from you thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiffanylcy)
    Hello! I am currently struggling between the two programmes above.. personally love to study in a wider scope but i am slightly worried on whether it would be too demanding or too unfocused. anyone studying the programmes? would love to hear some advice from you thanks in advance!
    I cannot comment personally on the program at KCL. However, I did my BA in Philosophy, Politics and Psychology and then my LLB. Law and philosophy and politics are extremely related. I find the interdisciplinary study of law to be extremely helpful - though, as law in the UK is still widely a single subject doctrinal discipline, philosophical or political analysis of law isn't always looked upon favorably in law departments.

I wouldn't worry about it being too unfocused, as the program is there for a reason. The administration wouldn't create an non-cohesive program. That being said, how cohesive it is will depend on your module choices.

Taking a look at the program structure, you have a lot of excellent choices. There are relations between law and all of the various options modules listed on the website. However, it will be up to you to figure out what areas of law and philosophy or law and politics interest you the most and pursue that area.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.