Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else watch it?

Nope, been on here! What was number 1? 1966?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Nope, been on here! What was number 1? 1966?
    No. That was only number four! Maradonna was number one for some unknown reason (not the hand of god goal, just him in general I think). 5-1 against Germany was number two, and Owen's goal against Argentina was number 3

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I watched it. That scissor kick was absolute class, and that attempt from inside the player's own half was agonisingly close to being a goal. I loved the moment when that minnow team (forgot their name) had a free kick won by Brazil against them. One guy thought how are we going to stop them. So his ingenious idea was to try and stop the brazilian player from taking the free kick. As soon as the whistle went, he went over to the ball and kicked it away. He got a yellow card and with an innocent look was like, what did I do wrong? Is that against the rules? Brilliant.
    Glad to see that Owen's goal was gigh up at number 2. And Maradonna, brilliant but a total cheat :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    No. That was only number four! Maradonna was number one for some unknown reason (not the hand of god goal, just him in general I think). 5-1 against Germany was number two, and Owen's goal against Argentina was number 3
    Nope, Owen's goal was at number 2.

(Original post by ~Sam~)
    Glad i didn't watch it then, that's crap. Owens goal was good yes, but how is that better then winning the world cup? 5-1 vs Germany people must get over, Germany aren't that good. Maradonna is a ledgend but he isn't England winning the frigging world cup, is he?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Nope, Owen's goal was at number 2.
    Oh yeah. My memory is terrible it would seem! Owen looked so young and cute!

ReputationRep:
    What a crap programme. It should be renamed England's 100 Greatest World Cup moments because it's all biased towards England.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    Oh yeah. My memory is terrible it would seem! Owen looked so young and cute!
    Young, cute and full of youthful exuberance and not frightened of anything. The goal expressed his fearlessness of defenders! Definitely one which few will forget.

I had forgotten that goal until this thread reminded me of it, actually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chidori)
    What a crap programme. It should be renamed England's 100 Greatest World Cup moments because it's all biased towards England.
    Of course it's biased towards England. It was voted by channel four viewers! Although Maradonna was at number one, and a lot of other non-English moments were featured

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    I had forgotten that goal until this thread reminded me of it, actually.
    Watching it back again made me remember just how good it was

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.