Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Anyone else watch it?
tis_me_lord
Badges: 14
Report 15 years ago
Nope, been on here! What was number 1? 1966?
~Sam~
Rep:
?
(Original post by tis_me_lord)
Nope, been on here! What was number 1? 1966?
No. That was only number four! Maradonna was number one for some unknown reason (not the hand of god goal, just him in general I think). 5-1 against Germany was number two, and Owen's goal against Argentina was number 3
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeah, I watched it. That scissor kick was absolute class, and that attempt from inside the player's own half was agonisingly close to being a goal. I loved the moment when that minnow team (forgot their name) had a free kick won by Brazil against them. One guy thought how are we going to stop them. So his ingenious idea was to try and stop the brazilian player from taking the free kick. As soon as the whistle went, he went over to the ball and kicked it away. He got a yellow card and with an innocent look was like, what did I do wrong? Is that against the rules? Brilliant.
Glad to see that Owen's goal was gigh up at number 2. And Maradonna, brilliant but a total cheat :mad:
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
No. That was only number four! Maradonna was number one for some unknown reason (not the hand of god goal, just him in general I think). 5-1 against Germany was number two, and Owen's goal against Argentina was number 3
Nope, Owen's goal was at number 2.
tis_me_lord
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
Glad i didn't watch it then, that's crap. Owens goal was good yes, but how is that better then winning the world cup? 5-1 vs Germany people must get over, Germany aren't that good. Maradonna is a ledgend but he isn't England winning the frigging world cup, is he?!
~Sam~
Rep:
?
(Original post by Xenon)
Nope, Owen's goal was at number 2.
Oh yeah. My memory is terrible it would seem! Owen looked so young and cute!
chidori
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
What a crap programme. It should be renamed England's 100 Greatest World Cup moments because it's all biased towards England.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
Oh yeah. My memory is terrible it would seem! Owen looked so young and cute!
Young, cute and full of youthful exuberance and not frightened of anything. The goal expressed his fearlessness of defenders! Definitely one which few will forget.
tis_me_lord
Report 15 years ago
I had forgotten that goal until this thread reminded me of it, actually.
~Sam~
Rep:
?
(Original post by chidori)
What a crap programme. It should be renamed England's 100 Greatest World Cup moments because it's all biased towards England.
Of course it's biased towards England. It was voted by channel four viewers! Although Maradonna was at number one, and a lot of other non-English moments were featured
~Sam~
Rep:
?
(Original post by tis_me_lord)
I had forgotten that goal until this thread reminded me of it, actually.
Watching it back again made me remember just how good it was
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (61)
51.69%
Yes, but I want to swap them (10)
8.47%
No, but I know who I want to choose (14)
11.86%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (30)
25.42%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (3)
2.54%

Watched Threads