Turn on thread page Beta

Horoscopes are for idiots watch

ReputationRep:
    So this morning my mum told me she always reads the horoscopes and asked if I'd like to hear mine. I told her that horoscopes are ludicrous and there is no scientific basis behind them. She then asks if everything in life is scientific, 'what about ghosts?'.

Frequently in life I question my own intelligence, but right now I'm wondering how on earth are people stupid enough to believe in this crap?

ReputationRep:
    I Read my horoscope and believe it when it's good ^^ it's the law of attraction

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hevachan)
    I Read my horoscope and believe it when it's good ^^ it's the law of attraction
    I find that cute.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Woah woah woah there, mate. Try not to cut yourself on that edge!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    Excuse me?

ReputationRep:
    I also believe they are *******s, a bunch of ambiguous statements given over periods of time. Chances are some of those things they "predict" will come true, especially when people want them to be, and how loosely they are worded. People can believe them if they want but it does make me laugh.

Another example of people claiming to have some insight into divine workings, and claiming money from it as a result.

ReputationRep:
    Of course, they're vague enough to be true for anybody, and a load of pretentious rubbish. But I'm still waiting for the tall dark handsome stranger my horoscope promised me

Haha I don't believe in horoscopes but they are great to read and see what could be happening in my 'future'.

Went to See a psychic once and got told great changes were going to happen in the next 3 years. I jut laughed and walked out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    I've never heard of someone who doesn't believe Horoscopes are real! What is this?!

ReputationRep:
    It's business. Some people can make money out of it. Science is definitely not the answer to every question in real life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    if you are a harrassed Mum, who is going to make you feel good when you get 5 minutes to yourself... Stephen Hawking, Dorkins or Russell Grant ?

ReputationRep:
    Of course they are real. Idiot.

ReputationRep:
    It's obvious that the particular alignment of planets in the solar system at a given arbitrary time relative to an arbitrary animal sign at the time of my birth is a completely reliable director and predictor of what will happen to me. FFS OP.

ReputationRep:
    I only believe in my horoscopes when it holds some truth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friar Chris)
    It's obvious that the particular alignment of planets in the solar system at a given arbitrary time relative to an arbitrary animal sign at the time of my birth is a completely reliable director and predictor of what will happen to me. FFS OP.
    You are a fool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom Jickleson)
    You are a fool.
    Oh boy :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    I find it amazing when people believe in rubbish like horoscopes and mediums

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    *tips fedora*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Underscore__)
    I find it amazing when people believe in rubbish like horoscopes and mediums

Posted from TSR Mobile
    and religion

ReputationRep:
    I don't really believe in them but sometimes they're fun to read.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.