Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you require a minimum B grade in English to become a teacher? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys;

Well, I went to this teaching intro course thing last week (basically was the teaching department telling us what it's like to be a teacher) because I want to be a teacher after my Biomedical Science degree and, after speaking to them, they said you might have to retake your English GCSE because I got a C in it and an A in maths.

Is this true?

ReputationRep:
    Normally a C or above is considered a good pass, so not sure why they would say that. In any event, all candidates currently have to take a literacy test and a numeracy test on top of any GCSE passes that they possess.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Hey Guys;

Well, I went to this teaching intro course thing last week (basically was the teaching department telling us what it's like to be a teacher) because I want to be a teacher after my Biomedical Science degree and, after speaking to them, they said you might have to retake your English GCSE because I got a C in it and an A in maths.

Is this true?
    The minimum requirement is a B in Wales but it is still C in England right now.

ReputationRep:
    As above, it's a C in England but a B in Wales. You can just re-take it, it's very easy. I got an A* self-studying through it without preparing for it.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.