Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I've got 3 A-levels and worked in a bank for 8yrs - attended and completed Stage One of BA Media Studies at Northampton back in 2003 - am 35 now!

HOWEVER I did not get my maths GCSE! Got an E! Do I have to do Functional skills level 2 Maths alongside my access course does anyone know? Seems ridiculous....given my experience in banking and A levels and Uni.....To be honest, I was a bit of a rebel at school (many moons ago lol) so didn't turn up for many GCSE's lessons..

So far have distinctions and one merit for this course, don't really want to be grappling with another unit...but will I get into uni without it?

Also I am travelling to east berkshire to do this course 3 days a week, my 2 children stay with their dad in swindon the other time but we still pay childcare? Does anyone know if I qualify for this help? As college is in Slough and children go to childminder in Swindon....

TIA!!! x

ReputationRep:
    You need to ask the uni directly where you want to study after. Some accept only GCSE's and some accept equivalent x

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't recommend doing maths GCSE alongside an access course, many on my access course that did that struggled a lot, only one of them passed the maths GCSE.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.