Turn on thread page Beta

Earliest World Cup or European Champ. memories watch

ReputationRep:
    So what are your earliest memories of these big championships?
    Mine was during World Cup 1994. I supported Italy in the championships, and Roberto Baggio was my favourite player. I remember that I was in Canada at the time of the final, and my cousins, me and my brother (and probably others from my family) watched italy vs. Brazil. 0:0 was the end score, and then the dreaded penalties. I was so gutted when Roberto Baggio scuffed his over the bar, that I ran upstairs, crying, saying I hated italy and I'd never support them again (I was only 7/8 years old) Ironic thing is that I never did support them like that again.

World cup 98! Romania, Beckham sent off, Owens goal. It was great!

ReputationRep:
    Euro 96, when Southgate missed that penalty. Although at the time I wasn't really into football so I wasn't too upset. France 98 was when I really got into it. Owens goal against Romania, and of course the Argentina match. I cried after that!

ReputationRep:
    As far as Euros go I think when England drew 1-1 with Switzerland in Euro 96. 1996 was the year I properly got into football. But I did see Baggio's penalty in the final of USA 94. And one of the first games, Brazil vs Scotland.

ReputationRep:
    I remember deciding to support Germany in the semi final of Euro 96

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    Euro 96, when Southgate missed that penalty. Although at the time I wasn't really into football so I wasn't too upset. France 98 was when I really got into it. Owens goal against Romania, and of course the Argentina match. I cried after that!
    I cried after England's penalty loss in 1998. I'm such a cry-baby when it comes to losing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I cried after Negland's penalty loss. I'm such a cry-bably when it comes to losing
    Me too! I cried when Liverpool got knocked out the Champions League to Bayer Leverkusen. And when utd scored against us in the last minute to knock us out the FA cup about 5 seasons ago. I was so upset after the England-Argentina match!

I never cry during football, i don't care that much.

Helen! You traitor, i'll let you off though since you were little...

ReputationRep:
    I'm all England now! I've done my avatar and my signature (which took me a long time to figure out!)

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.