Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Can my tutor force me to take part in a competition? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I looked at all the different forum categories and this seems most suited.

Basically, my tutor is forcing me into a competition that I really don't want to take part in. I study photography. I don't understand this competition and I don't want my work judged by them. I tried to explain this but he just won't listen. I have anxiety and I really just can't do competitions. Especially not ones like this. Having my work on show just for the class is bad enough.

So, can he force me to do this? Even if I really don't want to?

Oh and there's 4 people in the class who can't take part because they're too old for it.

ReputationRep:
    They can't make you but it might be best if you do, its best to get along with your tutors even if they're being a real pain

If he's not taking no for an answer just be firm with him. If that doesn't work report him to his superior. No one can force you to do anything.

ReputationRep:
    The final decision is always yours. Would it be possible to display your work anonymously if it is causing you concern? It might give you a positive boost if you get good feedback or even win perhaps. Good luck mate.

ReputationRep:
    You can't enter as anon. I'd take the images and show them to my tutor I just really don't want to enter the competition. Thanks for your answers.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.