Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is university a wage of time and money for my course? watch

ReputationRep:
    I am interested in media, (film, editing, advertising) etc... and I am thinking about doing an apprenticeship instead of uni ... would going university be a waste of time for me?

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the Uni

ReputationRep:
    How about you look for the profiles of some people who attended university and have careers in media, look at the graduate prospects of media graduates from different universities, look at the specific details of different courses and decide whether or not they would benefit you etc.

Do some research!!!

ReputationRep:
    All Universities in the UK are busy after international students, you pay them for your own work! Not much help provided in contrast to Universities in the State, All Universities are almost the same, lazy lecturers that don't know what they are doing, i can not generalize that conclusion to every field and every University, but i can claim it is a phenomena.
    Many of what you learn at University has no real life application, personally i had to learn everything i needed alone.

In your case studying media we have very good British actors but bad movies that tells you something.
    Look at tv programs, you pay tv license for 90% of crap programs, and you watch the same movie over and over again.
    Turn your face to the internet and see what UK Universities have acheived, basically nothing.
    Total failure.

We want to make a deal with china to build a nuclear station, how sad is that?
    Who is responsible?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VannR)
    How about you look for the profiles of some people who attended university and have careers in media, look at the graduate prospects of media graduates from different universities, look at the specific details of different courses and decide whether or not they would benefit you etc.

Do some research!!!
    Ffs, ok ok, no need to shout.:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jsMath)
    All Universities in the UK are busy after international students, you pay them for your own work! Not much help provided in contrast to Universities in the State, All Universities are almost the same, lazy lecturers that don't know what they are doing, i can not generalize that conclusion to every field and every University, but i can claim it is a phenomena.
    Many of what you learn at University has no real life application, personally i had to learn everything i needed alone.

In your case studying media we have very good British actors but bad movies that tells you something.
    Look at tv programs, you pay tv license for 90% of crap programs, and you watch the same movie over and over again.
    Turn your face to the internet and see what UK Universities have acheived, basically nothing.
    Total failure.

We want to make a deal with china to build a nuclear station, how sad is that?
    Who is responsible?

I agree with you

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.