Turn on thread page Beta

Water dilemma. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I dont understand how you are supposed to drink like 8 glasses of water a day. Whenever i drink lots of water i spend half of my day pissing like honestly every 10 minutes i need

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyle98)
    I dont understand how you are supposed to drink like 8 glasses of water a day. Whenever i drink lots of water i spend half of my day pissing like honestly every 10 minutes i need Posted from TSR Mobile
    You should be grateful that here you have easy access to drinking water. in many part of the wider world there are millions and millions of people who have no access to clean drinking water.

ReputationRep:
    They don't even define how much water a "glass" is supposed to hold, if it's a small amount like 100ml Then I think 8 glasses is about right

ReputationRep:
    well when you drink a lot, the osmoreceptors in your hypothalamus detect hydration and the pituitary gland release ADH. ADH targets the walls of the collecting duct in the nephron of your kidney, and less aquaporins open. this means that less water is maintained, increasing urine output.

ReputationRep:
    Oh come on, it's not hard. Fill a litre bottle and sip it during the day. As Seraphina says be grateful it's so easy.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by ~Seraphina~)
    You should be grateful that here you have easy access to drinking water. in many part of the wider world there are millions and millions of people who have no access to clean drinking water.
    :facepalm: Answering the question right there

(Original post by shawn_o1)
    They don't even define how much water a "glass" is supposed to hold, if it's a small amount like 100ml Then I think 8 glasses is about right
    If you're drinking 800mls a day, you're dehydrated

(Original post by Kyle98)
    I dont understand how you are supposed to drink like 8 glasses of water a day. Whenever i drink lots of water i spend half of my day pissing like honestly every 10 minutes i need

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Drink to be hydrated, you should go to the toilet every 2-3 hours and your urine should be pale yellow - clear in colour

ReputationRep:
    The 8 glasses of water a day is a marketing campaign for bottled water. Drink when you are thirsty.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/25/up...ter-a-day.html

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.