Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Worried about disqualification. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Recently I did an AS Physics exam (Paper 2) during the October / November session for 2015. I was still writing for my test, and only a moment after my test was over I had added a single value to the answer of the last question of my paper. I was subsequently made to write a report on what I had done by the exam invigilators and the report was sent to the cie. I'm really worried about a minor accidental offense like this one leading to my disqualification, or affecting my grade significantly. Does anyone know what this might result in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saltish)
    Recently I did an AS Physics exam (Paper 2) during the October / November session for 2015. I was still writing for my test, and only a moment after my test was over I had added a single value to the answer of the last question of my paper. I was subsequently made to write a report on what I had done by the exam invigilators and the report was sent to the cie. I'm really worried about a minor accidental offense like this one leading to my disqualification, or affecting my grade significantly. Does anyone know what this might result in?
    Don't see how if it was a monment after u cud easily say u hv slow reactions, they cant do anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    if you write in the report that that is all you did, I doubt they will disqualify you

ReputationRep:
    Wow strict af invigilators. Kids in my school do this all the time but it's not seen as a big deal. I'm sure you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Wow strict af invigilators. Kids in my school do this all the time but it's not seen as a big deal. I'm sure you'll be fine
    I really hope so. Another resit isn't an option for me.

Yeah, I agree with Student403: in my college, when they tell us our time is up, a lot of people have carried on writing for a short period afterward - as long as you're just finishing where you're at, not writing another damn essay, I thought that was fine.

You probably do have the bad luck of really strict invigilators, but it should be fine. There are people that actually, full-on cheat, I'd think they would be the priority. I imagine it's just procedure.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.